Killing ABS Warnings for 92 3/4ton LBZ Swap

BowtiedBandit

Shade Tree Mechanic
Sep 22, 2013
Crowley, TX
I am in the process of fitting an LBZ Dash into my 92 3/4 chevy as a part of my LBZ/Allison Swap. I have a wrecked 06 and access to any parts off other trucks as needed. My biggest hang up right now is when I turn this thing on for the first time the ABS isn't going to be happy cause my truck doesn't have ABS and from experience, when the ABS on the duramax isn't functional you get an awesome chime and the warning lights on the dash and the DIC is happy to tell you there is a problem. I could probably do the work and get ABS swapped into the truck but I would like to avoid it if I can.

Any Help/Suggestions?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Pretty sure efi won't do it. It didn't on my 02 anyway. I had a bad abs pump and was to cheap to change it. Couldn't find anything to disable the lights. So I took the dash apart and electrical taped over them. That wouldn't help for the digital screen though obviously

sent from a galaxy far far away

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Do the Topkick/Kodiacs have ABS? I wonder if you could program the cluster with the medium duty calibrations and it would make it ignore an ABS input signal.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Could always do it the low budget way. Electrical tape over the warning lights in the cluster. And just deal with the chimes. Or you can get an aftermarket radio unit, which will not chime for the abs.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I like this idea, I'm gonna look into it

yes of course the [gmt-560] topkick/kodiak trucks have ABS......

As a matter of fact, the kodiak/topkick trucks actually have even "fancier" ABS than the non-ESC pickup trucks do. Kodiak/TopKick has true 4-channel ABS, non-ESC pickup trucks only have 3-channel ABS.

Its a moot point though, because the kodiak/topkick instrument clusters are completely different than the pickup truck clusters anyway. Its like asking if you can use efilive on a ford.

Ben