Kel Tec Sub 2000

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
My toolbox defender is a cheap ass Jiminez .380 thats been worked over by me. Its only a $130 gun new and is fine for what i got it for. Sure wouldnt carry it though. It is small and looks decent, like a PPK.

I wanted and should have got a surplus Tokarev TT-33 for a little more. Still might:D
It would be better to keep in my box. Hotter round, full size frame, tough as hell!

Prices on everything has gone up though. Wish i had an FFL

BombDocDiesel

Army Bomb Squad
May 20, 2009
Belcamp, MD
I bought an XD 40 after a good Vegas trip last winter :D. Great gun for the $$. I got the full size because I wanted a comfortable gun to shoot and I don't plan to carry (for now).

At the local gun shop I saw a Walther that is on my list if I ever go to carrying. Maybe a P99? Don't remember for sure but I know it was very small and had a 5 shot clip.

That P99 is a great pistol. Basically the same as a Glock and S&W M&P now. The Walther and S&W, same company now under "Strategic Alliance" have a couple of removeable part sin the frame, which do not increase accuracy.

The M&P will usually be more affordable. They are great!! The 9C is great for CC.

Here is a blow-up of a Full-size Glock
Glock-model17-39.jpg

S&W/Walther
sw-mp.jpg

BombDocDiesel

Army Bomb Squad
May 20, 2009
Belcamp, MD
I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but have any of you shot a Hi Point. I have onein a 45 and that thing is a shooter. And they are cheap too.

Hi-Point is not bad. If you take care of it and replace the spring and it will keep running. They look like doo doo for the most part but function always tops form in the end.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Which AR? I love Ruger and the mini is great but I have put a lot of rounds through my issue AR and a few commercial models.

Its a rock river lower with a double star triger kit and a dpms m4 16" upper. I think its more of a mag proablem with the gun , the bolt fails to slice a round out of the mag every once in a while

BombDocDiesel

Army Bomb Squad
May 20, 2009
Belcamp, MD
Check the mag springs and lips. It sounds like a nice combo. I like both companies. DPMS or S&W is what I would buy if I bought a new AR.

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
My buddy has a S&W M&P AR-15, pretty nice gun. I masaged the trigger a bit though, much better now

He also bought another M&P lower to build up when hes ready.

I did get to play witha P.O.F. lower, very nice!

I'd like to build an AR-10 on a POF genIII lower, POF 20" upper, but with a Troy rail:thumb:

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
hrm, i have a kel-tec PF9 that i have blazed many rnds through and never an issue, it's also my daily carry, so i guess you can say i put my life on it....nice and light to wear all day even when working on/in/under cars too! also i carry in a cross breed holster "super tuck deluxe"

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Anyone shot the Hi-point TS995 (9mm carbine) or the .40 or .45? I have been looking for a inexpensive riffle...

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
I have a hi point 40 cal carbine .. its nice and never had a issue

I like the keltec plr16 ... that thing is nice for $450 brand new

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
Cheaper than dirt is where I usualy get all my ammo

I lucked up and bought 500 hollowpoints for $150 at a gunshow:D

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
My toolbox defender is a cheap ass Jiminez .380 thats been worked over by me. Its only a $130 gun new and is fine for what i got it for. Sure wouldnt carry it though. It is small and looks decent, like a PPK.

I wanted and should have got a surplus Tokarev TT-33 for a little more. Still might:D
It would be better to keep in my box. Hotter round, full size frame, tough as hell!

Prices on everything has gone up though. Wish i had an FFL

I bought the Jiminez 9mm at a pawn shop new with 2 clips for $135. It did fine the first 100 rounds now it jams about every 15-20 but I think it was the dirty ammo I was using(200 rounds for free). I bought the wife a Taurus .380 pink and I have the S&W .40. The Taurus and the S&W are very light compared to the Jiminez but I would carry any of the three:thumb: Not sure on the Kel-Tec alot of my friends have the little .380 and love it.