K10 LS swap

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
Of course. Everything's better with a turbo. Cutlass is a 1978. Have an engine already. Gotta make up my mind on what trans to run. I'm leaning towards a T56.

This is my second build with the car. First time was half assed & more of a straight line setup. This time I want a better driving car. Decking the front end out with SC&C parts and gonna make it handle

I can get you all set up with some turbo powaaa luke! Billet s480 and a 4l80 would make a bad street car, you might be able to keep up with my junk. Lol

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
I can get you all set up with some turbo powaaa luke! Billet s480 and a 4l80 would make a bad street car, you might be able to keep up with my junk. Lol

That would be awesome. Since I have zero experience with turbos & gas engines. Need to get together for some beers & talk about options.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Hit me up sometime, I'll get ya set up no problem. What lsx engine do ya have?

5.3 Don't plan on plan on doing a while lot to it. New valve springs, ls6 cam, injectors, fab my own turbo kit & maybe a different intake. I paid 350 bucks for the engine. Gonna run the snot outta it & if it breaks I'll spend a little more money on the next one.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I need another 86 chevy in my life

I came so close a couple times to treading this off or selling it a couple times. I remember when I spun a rod bearing up in Seattle and damn near ran it down to the fore dealer and was going to buy a new 7.3 I would have kicked myself to no end. I ordered a new 03 duramax and hauled this one to the parents ranch and it sat in the barn for damn near a decade. paint job was only a year old too. so it still looks new since it sat in the shade.

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
5.3 Don't plan on plan on doing a while lot to it. New valve springs, ls6 cam, injectors, fab my own turbo kit & maybe a different intake. I paid 350 bucks for the engine. Gonna run the snot outta it & if it breaks I'll spend a little more money on the next one.

Cool hit me up when your ready there are a lot better options out there for cams and stuff.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I have fresh out the crate (new) GM Dry sump Ls3 6.2L long block (complete from valve covers to oil pan, No accessories or intake manifold) for sale if some is interested. :D

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
No sir... just the long block.. I do have a FAST manifold, stock manifold and some other goodies we could work into a deal.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Got the garage cleaned out & gonna be working on the car here soon. Question for the LS guys, what needs to be modified in the harness to make this swap work? I would like to do most of this myself.

Nevermind. Saw LT1SWAP.COM was mentioned. Had all the info I was looking for

Last edited:

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Catman, you have my other dream truck.
attachment.php

:drool:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Bringing this back up. I plan on running either an LQ4 or LQ9 in my 78 SB. Does anyone have feedback or experience with the Aeromotive Phantom 340 system?

RitzBlitz

May 20, 2010
Ritzville, Wa
Well shoot, this thread might have just given me the motivation to get this thing out of the shed and going again after it dropped a valve a while ago.

IMG_0158.jpg

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Ritzblitz, let me know if I can be of assistance, we are only 90 min apart. love to do one of those too. but at some I really would like to find a 3500 sq body crew cab to do a duramax swap in.