Jaw Dropper!!

darkside

Sep 15, 2011
left coast
I recently bought a fuel filter for my or duramax from NAPA. Price, $65.00. Is this what they usually cost. I have always paid around $17.
What brands and prices are you all paying?

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
There are filter head adapters you can get that will allow you to run a cat filter with out the use of a lift pump. If you want more INFO pm me and I will point you in the direction.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There are filter head adapters you can get that will allow you to run a cat filter with out the use of a lift pump. If you want more INFO pm me and I will point you in the direction.
An adapter that allows you to run a Cat filter on the stock fuel filter head?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sorry there not a vender here and I want to avoid getting my ears boxed. But If you pm me I will gladly point you to it.

Yeah, I got a couple of PMs already. For the record, the vendor rule only applies if a supporting vendor sells the same product. If there is no supporting vendor that sells the same thing, there is nothing for a supporting vendor to get upset about.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
nicktane makes the adapter cat filter costs me $12.00, napa can go suck one at that price

I'm torn on the nicktane adapter. The $100 makes it not as much advantage as I would like.

Currently I run a 1r750 before a fass, mounted on a napa 4770 filter head. If the nicktane adapter were cheaper I would run something like a b1212 or some other coalescing filter before the pump then run the 1r750 in place of the stocker.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
K&N oil filter #HP 3003 with anti-drain back feature price out around 10 to 12 bucks at most auto parts joints. Has the 1 inch nut on the end and drilled for safety wire if you want to wire it to keep it making race tech happy too maybe.

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
wow man! i've only every paid $30-$35 for a fuel filter???? what napa did you buy from!!???!!! at that price i'd buy a fass or a air dog and a stock fuel filter delete and be done with the worry! the saving in filter price would pay for itselft in NOtime!

darkside

Sep 15, 2011
left coast
wow man! i've only every paid $30-$35 for a fuel filter???? what napa did you buy from!!???!!! at that price i'd buy a fass or a air dog and a stock fuel filter delete and be done with the worry! the saving in filter price would pay for itselft in NOtime!

The Nappa dealer I bought from is near where I live, He has always been fair with me. He did say they used to have a lower price model but it was discontinued by the manufacturer. He said no the nappa label was not real gold.:) He was bitching about it too.

The Fass or Airdog is on my list after I put my boat to bed for the winter.

I stumbled on a site that had some interesting articles on the oem filters. It is: www.maxxtorque.com It may not be new news to you all but it is to me.

Last edited by a moderator: