I've located my leak...now how do I stop it?

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Stopped by the local stealer today, parts guy was pretty good and patient as he tried to decipher my dilemma. We looked at some exploded diagrams, found that elbow/hose piece I needed, was listed as the same for all trucks, 99 to current. Cost me $6, but they did have to order it, should be here next week. One of the parts guy told me that they can be replaced, and that the drain if plugged or missing lets the water seep into the firewall insulation or just not have enough pressure to make it out, and can run back into the cab around the opening the drain passes through the firewall. He made it sound easy, but nothing on this truck ever is. I'll post an update next week when I get the fitting.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
i had the same thing on an older truck. elbow had busted off.
i just wen to tractor supply, got the biggest hose barb that would fit and a foot of hose. slopped some jb weld on it.

$6 for the stock part might be a better option.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
As promised, an update.
Stock part did not fit. Seems that the hose wasn't the only thing missing, the nipple it attaches to was mostly broken off as well. So, my buddy's garage has a whole shelf system of misc parts from junk he's fixed for people over the years. We found some factory elbow/hose setup, that actually fit inside the stub (what's left of the nipple) as opposed to my $6 factory part sliding over it, and once we trimmed it to fit, we super glued the outside of it, and shoved it in the nipple.
Batteries are dead (not sure why) as I've worked on the truck to install the sound system and all the crap I decided I needed to go with it. Sound deadener is in, carpet is back in, RCA's and wires are starting to be run, so hopefully this weekend, I'll have it back together enough to start the truck, pull it outside, and crank the A/C on and make sure our homemade fix works.

Thanks all.