It finally happened!!

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
Well I was coming home from work tonight and I mashed on it a little goin up hill to pass some loser and rpms went to 3000 and it quit pullin as if it was in neutral. I let off throttle and it caught again and immediately I had a check engine light with a 0735 code. it stayed in like 3rd gear until i could stop and shut it off and check code and reset. Then it seemed to drive home fine, of course I backed the PPE tune back to 3 and drove like a normal person but tranny never did seem to heat up. Stayed about 160 - 180 range the remaining 15 miles home. Only have about 15k on a fresh fluid change and filters. Is it Suncoast time? Not sure what that particular code is, any help from Mike, Trent and all the rest of the gang would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys Jeff:booboo::

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Incorrect 5th gear ratio , she limped due to a clutch pack slipping , better get her built soon !

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
Incorrect 5th gear ratio , she limped due to a clutch pack slipping , better get her built soon !

Damn I wished I lived closer to you Trent cause I would have you build it lol. Let me ask you this, I am a diesel mechanic and have been for 27 years but have only been into a couple of automatics WAY back in the day. Is this something I could do or should i just pay Dustin, since he is local for me, to do it? I dont want to be plagued with problems for the next few months cause I didnt put something in right lol. Thanks man, Jeff

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Damn I wished I lived closer to you Trent cause I would have you build it lol. Let me ask you this, I am a diesel mechanic and have been for 27 years but have only been into a couple of automatics WAY back in the day. Is this something I could do or should i just pay Dustin, since he is local for me, to do it? I dont want to be plagued with problems for the next few months cause I didnt put something in right lol. Thanks man, Jeff

Dustin will be able to make it hassle free... if you have the cash to just have it done i would unless you are comfortable. Mike L. has been able to walk LOTS of guys with far less experience through an install

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Good luck with the newly built trans. My guess is that it will be like driving a new truck!!

Funny thing - I was about to start a thread with the same title - I finally changed my spin-on filter today. Sucker only had 50 000 miles on it but I changed it anyhow.......:rofl:

Last edited:

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR

I've been inside 2 or 3 (one of them was mine twice b/c of a problem). If you want it hassle free and are local here in NC then Dustin is the man. Give him a call or PM him and he can get ya set up!