Is there a good drop light?

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
I use a chepo floro bulb thing I picked up fron the hardware store. It lights up things good enough and has lived thru a couple a drops. I mainly use the stinger flash light. I got 2 of them...........don't wanna get into the reason why I have 2 $100.00 dollar flash lights. I just buy the cheap floro ones and keep an extra handy so if one bites the dust, i got another. I also have a LED "head light" that you out one your head. It worked great while I was in Iraq and I use it alot around the house and while working on cars and trucks.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I have come to use a selection these days.

I have a 4 foot floro and a small 1 ft 2 bulb floro that I use most of the time. Adequate at best. For detail light I have picked up several Streamlight tacticals. Very small but man are they bright. You can get them anywhere and even hold them in your mouth if you want.

And I even have one of those LED head - lights. But I have only used that so far for wiring in breaker panels and junction boxes.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I've spent lots of money on lights over the years. None ever seem to last long. I just buy the cheap NAPA Led ones now. Small, bright, cordless....and 20 bucks!:D

I've used these and for the price, you can't go wrong. They are skinny so they fit in a lot of tight places normal trouble lights won't fit. And bright as hell too!!