Is P2771 related to your torque converter

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Last pull I got Ecm P2771 and Tcm 2771 It says its "Four wheel Drive circuit Switch low" but after doing some searches I found some people saying there was a problem with the converter locking and it will take so many key cycles to reset the tranny codes. Does clearing the codes clear my TCM trouble codes? Just seeing if anyone has had this problem before.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
P2771 sets when the TC switch is in 4H but the TC was in 4L for 5 seconds or more. This will inhibit TCC. You need to put a Tech 2 on it and cycle the switch and see how slow it is moving the forks.

Armus

Oct 27, 2012
Me Too

Hello transmission dude. :D

I have the same code (p2771). 2012 LML with non electronic transfer case shift lever on the floor. I was getting a trailer moving on a field and spun the wheels a bit in 2WD. Then my check engine light comes on. Everything works, 4Hi, 4LO etc. I cleared the code and it has not returned but I notice a whining noise when coasting down in four wheel drive. Wiggling the transfer case lever seems to alter the tone of this noise, but the noise stops when I shift back into 2WD.

Any ideas?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Hello transmission dude. :D

I have the same code (p2771). 2012 LML with non electronic transfer case shift lever on the floor. I was getting a trailer moving on a field and spun the wheels a bit in 2WD. Then my check engine light comes on. Everything works, 4Hi, 4LO etc. I cleared the code and it has not returned but I notice a whining noise when coasting down in four wheel drive. Wiggling the transfer case lever seems to alter the tone of this noise, but the noise stops when I shift back into 2WD.

Any ideas?

I would have the dealer check it. I have heard of 1 transfer case that blew up on a new truck recently.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Bumping this. Mike just rebuilt my trans and still having issue randomly even just when driving. Truck also comes out of reverse sometimes when backing up a hill or even in 4x4. Transfer case has always been noisy as well. It whines in 4HI when accelerating or when coasting the same. Ideas?