is it normal for "mods" to mess with my signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
several months ago I had noticed that a mod had changed the link I had in my signature. they had changed it to bobo the clown instead of dieselx's website. while funny, I had changed it back and put something in my signature to the tune of leaving me out of your beef with bob. I assume its a mod as I don't know who else would have access to "my" profile. so I log on today, 11-28-13 and now notice a new message "Thanks for pointing out you had a hyperlink there not allowed". so, it was ok for a mod to f with my stuff and change a hyperlink, but now hyperlinks aren't allowed, so they get to do it again and hack into my account. whats wrong with sending me a message, or just taking the hyper link out, or anything that doesn't involve messing with my shit. this is childish bs! lets act like adults instead of kids.

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
i don't think he is, and i understand the rules now that i am informed. whats wrong with letting me know and let me do it, or just take the link out. that is not my argument

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I agree they shouldn't change the links. I could see them disabling the link and letting you know why it was though.

ltr450ryder

Jul 12, 2012
racine WI
Your not the first person I heard complain about having a link that's connected with bob Olsen messed with. But A pm would of been the way to solve this!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah, maybe someone has a beef against Bob. Maybe not. Could it have been handled by PM? Sure it could, but would you have listened if Rob sent you one?

Cmon Jeremy, everyone and their brother knows that non-s/v links in sigs is frowned upon. Its been that way since we were all on the Place years ago. Why not encourage Bob to sign up as a vendor instead?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Jeremy you know what the rules are in any forum. You've been around quite a while and you are smart. You knew what you were doing when you put that link in. Stop whining. If Bob wants his name here, he knows what to do. Then you can link your ass off with his name. Good to see you here buddy.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The mod should have sent moss a message to please remove the link.
If what moss is saying is true than I have to agree that it totally reduces the mature quality on dd I have become very comfortable with.

I hope this gets resolved

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Handling it like a professional would have been the right way. Anything to do with Bob Olsen on this forum seems to carry a very negative canotation.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Heaven forbid someone change something in a sig not allowed there. Ain't nothing here is "yours", prison rules bitches lol

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The mod should have sent moss a message to please remove the link.
If what moss is saying is true than I have to agree that it totally reduces the mature quality on dd I have become very comfortable with.

I hope this gets resolved

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

We are not here to hold your hands. You are a business owner and you want to be pampered? You do a lot of flapjawing and play the extreme intelligent guy and yet you can't figure this out? You hope this gets resolved?
All you guys are grown up intelligent men. You have been on all the forums and know all the rules. They don't change much from forum to forum. Vendors make money buy having their presents on the forums and sell their products. They pay for that. No forum allows nonpaying vendors to show their info because 1. they don't desreve it since they didn't pay as the paying vendors and 2. We protect our paying vendors.
Jeremy
I can send you a PM explaining this and I will rip you because you know better. I still like you though.:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
One thing I left out. We don't moderate much on this board. This is the way the Admins. want it. When we see something wrong we subtly change it without threats and BS. We do it quietly. When we have to moderate; it's hammer time. Doesn't happen very often though and needs approval from above.:D

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
Yeah, maybe someone has a beef against Bob. Maybe not. Could it have been handled by PM? Sure it could, but would you have listened if Rob sent you one?

Cmon Jeremy, everyone and their brother knows that non-s/v links in sigs is frowned upon. Its been that way since we were all on the Place years ago. Why not encourage Bob to sign up as a vendor instead?

who is rob? not sure what non-s/v are. truthfully, i didn't know the rules/politics, this has nothing to do with them picking on bob now, i thought when they changed the link the first time it was funny and pretty clever, but still not an appropriate way of handling and issue. my intent was not negative, please don't spin it that way

We will look into it.
thanks

Jeremy you know what the rules are in any forum. You've been around quite a while and you are smart. You knew what you were doing when you put that link in. Stop whining. If Bob wants his name here, he knows what to do. Then you can link your ass off with his name. Good to see you here buddy.
i am sorry, i did not know this rule. i will apologize, but does it make it any better the way its being handled by mods? no i did not know what i was doing when i put that link in. its been there for years, not last night!!

I thought it was funny.... but I have a sense of humor too.

i thought it was funny the first time too:thumb:

Handling it like a professional would have been the right way. Anything to do with Bob Olsen on this forum seems to carry a very negative canotation.
while i agree with your statement, i am not bob olsen?

Heaven forbid someone change something in a sig not allowed there. Ain't nothing here is "yours", prison rules bitches lol
i agree with your statement, but then why do we have passwords here?

now knowing the rule that i have broke, i never had bad intentions, nor did i know i was breaking rules. i am sure rules are broken all the time, i don't think mods act this way all the time, why now, why me. why wasn't i informed of my "rule" breaking when my signature was altered the first time? if i knew i was breaking the rules, why did i acknowledge in my signature the first time it was messed with for all to see the link was changed. yes it was funny that the link was changed, and yes its petty what i am complaining about, but, i am more disturbed about what the mods are doing

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
We are not here to hold your hands. You are a business owner and you want to be pampered? You do a lot of flapjawing and play the extreme intelligent guy and yet you can't figure this out? You hope this gets resolved?
All you guys are grown up intelligent men. You have been on all the forums and know all the rules. They don't change much from forum to forum. Vendors make money buy having their presents on the forums and sell their products. They pay for that. No forum allows nonpaying vendors to show their info because 1. they don't desreve it since they didn't pay as the paying vendors and 2. We protect our paying vendors.
Jeremy
I can send you a PM explaining this and I will rip you because you know better. I still like you though.:D

i completely understand what and why its a rule, not arguing that by any means. i still am trying to even remember if i hyperlink the website to it(i don't think i did and was done in the first altering). most of me thinks the likes of you and tom are harder on me about this because i know the both of you don't necessarily like bob, that's fine, i am sure theres several, you guys are still just fine in my book! i would like to think i am grown up and intelligent, why would it be wrong of me to think the mods are too as clearly one or several isnt

Status
Not open for further replies.