iPhone case

08dmaxltz

Oct 6, 2010
I have the otter box on a 3gs. At first it was really hard getting in and out but now it's a breeze. Don't know why guess the stickiness wore off. All I can say is I had my phone along with a friends phone in the cup holder of a boat as I was going out the inlet. It was 6-8 but it's a 35 marlago. We ended up plowing one of the waves and got soaked. I looked down after we cleared the inlet and the cup holder was half full of water. My iPhone survived hers didn't! I don't know what hers was called but it looked like a "tough" case.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I have the defender on my 4.

Like mentioned, very hard to get in and out of my pocket while I'm at work. When home I use the clip.

Also it doesn't fit into my iKick (like Bose sound dock) with out completely removing it from the case. Pita.

I have been looking for an alternative also.

Sent from My iPhone

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
I just ordered a lifeproof and a joy factory rain ballet. Couldn't make my mind up which one so I am going to test both of them.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
The joy factory came in today. It is definitely waterproof but you can't use any of your buttons but your home key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
I got my Speck on Friday - I like it. No problem with getting the phone out my front pocket and I think it would provide some decent protection if dropped. Tonight I got an Otterbox Defender - quick tests and I have no problems getting it out of my front pocket and all the buttons seem to work without any real problems. I do seem to have to push the Home button a little harder to get the phone to respond but nothing that I think would bother me in the long run. The Otterbox would definitely provide more protection then the Speck. I'll be running the Otterbox for at least the next week to see if I want to use it permanently.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Which Speck did you get? I picked up an Incipio Silicrylic at the Verizon store on Friday since it was the least expensive case I saw that I felt like I could live with. I also have a Speck CandyShell case ordered.

The Incipio isn't ok. I compared it to my step-dad's Otterbox, and it is quite a bit smaller. It isn't bad to get out of my pocket; it does lightly grab at the fabric but not too bad.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
I received the lifeproof Saturday. You can use all buttons and it is definitely waterproof. The sound from the speaker is different but it doesn't bother me bad enough to swap back to my otterbox. I like it so far.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
63c34806-3bfb-94d3.jpg
63c34806-3c1c-4c8b.jpg
63c34806-3e95-153a.jpg
63c34806-3eac-f5df.jpg

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
otterbox defender is worth every penny. they are on sale today on amazon (where you should buy them anyways)

have one on my girl's iphone 4, and one on my Droid Incredible 2
her's saved her delicate iphone screen from about a 6ft fall onto tile. the case cracked, but she called them up and they sent her an ENTIRE new case. customer service FTW!!! Mine saved mine after falling some 12-15ft off a balcony onto a rug. no blemishes or anything.

worth every penny like I said.
and if your phone breaks with it installed properly they will pay to get you a new phone. great company. they have won me over and I will always support them

howie

Dec 26, 2009
Sawmills,NC
I have the otter box so far so good but I would really Like to have the lifeproof.
But I had to have sum kinda case I'm not use to having such a little phone.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Which Speck did you get? I picked up an Incipio Silicrylic at the Verizon store on Friday since it was the least expensive case I saw that I felt like I could live with. I also have a Speck CandyShell case ordered.

The Incipio isn't ok. I compared it to my step-dad's Otterbox, and it is quite a bit smaller. It isn't bad to get out of my pocket; it does lightly grab at the fabric but not too bad.

This is the one I bought: HERE

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The wife got a 4S yesterday & an Otterbox of some kind (from walmart & pink is all I remember) to go with it. I definitely have phone envy after playing with the 4S compared to my 3GS.

I'm liking the look of that lifeproof case a lot more than the otterbox. I carry mine in my pocket so it's imparitive that I can get it out without much fuss. I doubt I could with the 4S. That makes the otherwise smaller 4S a bulky phone for pocket carry IMO.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
The lifeproof slides in and out of my pocket very well. Everyone I work with want them after seeing this one. I took it in the shower with me this morning. There is definitely a sound issue with it but I expected that from other reviews and what do you expect out of a fully waterproof case. They have to cover the speaker holes with something.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.468120,-92.432616

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I got my Speck case today. It's the CandyShell MoonSuit white. So far, I really like it. It looks like this except my phone is white.

spk-a0313_glam002_1.jpg