iPhone case

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm getting a new iPhone in the next couple of days (supposed to be in the mail), and I need to get a case to protect it. I read a thread somewhere (I searched a few sites but couldn't find it) where a few guy recommended the LifeProof case. I did some checking on it, and it seems like the perfect case. Slim, water and dust proof, shock resistant, etc. The only problem is the price. Anyone else have any recommendations?

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
There's always the Otterbox. It's a little bulky for me but it definitely protects the phone. I saw my brother drop his from 20-30 feet high, it hit the ground and bounced another 10 feet or so from where it hit and didn't hurt the case or the phone.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I assume you're getting a 4 or 4s? Otter boxes are good, that's what I have on my 3GS. I've dropped and banged it pretty good and the phone is still in good shape. However on the 4's the otter boxes don't fit as tight which can be annoying. My buddy has a ballistic box on his and he loves it. It's 2 piece so if you're going to be out working and might bang the phone up you can put both pieces on and it's real tough or if you're going to be inside or want it to slip in your pocket easy you can just put one piece on and it's pretty slim.

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My only problem with the Otterbox is it doesn't protect against water, and I'm afraid the silicone outer skin will make it difficult to get in and out of my pocket. I had a silicone phone case before, it I got sick of it after a short time.

edit: I am getting an iPhone 4S

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
It's not as bad as most silicone cases, as long as its a real otter box and not an imitattion one. I get mine in and out of my jean pockets pretty easy. The ballistic is made from a different material though and it's not sticky at all.

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
I have an element vapor on mine, I really like it. It doesn't have ultimate protection, but it does ok and is really slim. The only real beef I have is the price.

The otterbox commuter is also one I like, it's a bit bulkier but still not too bad.

The ultra. bad ass protection cases ( life-proof, otterbox defender and the like) are just way too bulky for my tastes.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I had an otter box on my 4 and it's stupid bulky and plan on missing calls trying to get it out of your pocket. I got a speck now and it fits my needs. But I don't scuba dive or live in a desert.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Not a fan of Otter box either. Does not fit tight at all on my Iphone 4 and half the time I can get it out of my pocket the cover peels half way off.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
Otterbox Defender here... and the holster makes a handy in-dash holder for the phone. I clipped mine to the dash over the cubby hole in my dash. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm looking at the Speck cases. I saw one at work and like the way they feel. I have heard the LifeProof can sound like you are talking on a tin can. But I have no experience with them.

I was just looking at some of the Speck cases. They have some nice options. I'm liking the CandyShell case they have. Should provide good shock absorbtion but still easily slide in and out of my pocket.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have an OtterBox Defender on my iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Yes they're a little bulky, but man am I glad I have it! My phone takes a shit kicking and still looks like new. Just this week I noticed that the silicon bumper started to rip. I sent an email to OtterBox and bam! There's one on the way to me for free! No questions asked. That's my $.02

Nick

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I just got the 4s with the otterbox and it annoys the heck out of me. It fits ok but im watching this thread to see what else there is. I want something with a belt clip. The Otterbox will do for now.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I got really sick quick of y otter box getting stuck in my pocket. I went with a ghost armor case recently and love it. Slim fitting and the guy took a dremel tool to the screen peeled off the skin and it was untouched.