IPAD 2...where to go?

jmbcary44

Jul 20, 2011
FT Drum NY
So the Mrs. wants an IPAD for the BDAY...I have no clue which to get and I dont think she can fully utilize all the new capabilities the new one on the market has...I was looking at the IPAD 2 16G Wifi only since paying $120 extra for 3G seemed stupid (wireless is everywhere) and since she already has a phone why get 3G.

Anyways, trying to find a reliable place to buy one, I figure since it is the older version now it should be less expensive...still seeing it for about $400 though everywhere I look.

Any advice? or knowledge in general on them. I have a feeling she just wants it for picture storage and apps etc etc...

Thanks in advance

Dec 2, 2006
TN
So the Mrs. wants an IPAD for the BDAY...I have no clue which to get and I dont think she can fully utilize all the new capabilities the new one on the market has...I was looking at the IPAD 2 16G Wifi only since paying $120 extra for 3G seemed stupid (wireless is everywhere) and since she already has a phone why get 3G.

Anyways, trying to find a reliable place to buy one, I figure since it is the older version now it should be less expensive...still seeing it for about $400 though everywhere I look.

Any advice? or knowledge in general on them. I have a feeling she just wants it for picture storage and apps etc etc...

Thanks in advance

Amazon ? That is usually my go to place for electronics and it's no tax (for now) in TN when purchasing online, and the price is usually cheaper than retail stores.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
One of the few things I bought at Walmart was my iPad 2. Either there or an Apple store, or online at the Apple store. The price is going to pretty much be the same regardless of where you go

SmokinHotLLYGirl

Smoked Out's wife
Jun 14, 2011
Indiana
I would check at a Best Buy if there is one close to you. That is where we just bought mine. We looked at Wal-Mart, but didn't have the one I wanted. They were basically the same price everywhere. At Best Buy if you signed up for the credit card you get 18 months no interest. Guess it just depends on what's close to you. :)

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
got my wifes from the apple store. no difference where you get it from regarding the price