Interested powerstroke owner

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
With no hookups in the industry and having a shop build your trans...i would say your more like the 10k range.

4500 trans, 2300 dual cp3, 400-2000 for injectors/nozzles depending how you do it, 450-700 for a fass, 2000-3000 for a single turbo setup.

650 can be done on stock injectors easy no need for them really while keep us down is nice they aren't needed. That being said :D I like 40 overs on a stock bottom end...

Depending on year you buy a single turbo or twin over stocker good cp3 and a Trans and some weight reduction(depending on truck) you'll have your low 12 high 11 but it'll be a ticking bomb mine never blew in 3 years at 650 hp multiple low 12s and tons of street abuse

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I'm not a fan of the LB7's and early LLY's. Not that they're bad, per se, but between the 5sp trans and how difficult changing injectors is on them, I just look past and go for a late model LLY w/a 6sp or an LBZ.

FWIW to the OP there are way more 5 speed trucks on the top 50 fastest Dmax list then there are 6 speeds :roflmao: and none of the Dmax engines can get the mileage that the lb7 gets so don't base your decision on that.

But in all seriousness the LBZ motor would be the easiest and cheapest to mod to get the power and 1/4 mile times you are looking for as long as you don't crack a piston (right Jason :thumb: )

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
IMO, get an LBZ or an LMM, I had an 05' LLY before my 08' and I put a small fortune in it, the 08' has 32k miles on it and I haven't touched it, I totaled another truck with it, pulled my 10k camper 190 miles as hard as I could and couldn't overheat it or pop the head gaskets, run the dog shit out of it daily and it's loving every bit of it. Granted the 05' never left me set when it should have it was still weaker out of the box. If you can find one done up for a decent price then I'd say go for it

Tjmaxx

Jun 7, 2014
At this point I think I'll try and keep my 6.4 but if I can't or need a crew cab then I'll be in the market for a 03-07 duramax as I have respect for the power that they can make:thumb: