Interested in buying a Smoker truck (cig smoke)

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
yup. i absolutely hate the smell of smoke in a vehicle. when you sit in one for hours on end for a trip and thats all you smell as a non smoker, you get a decent head ache.

You have been in my truck a bunch, do you think it smells like smoke in there?

I think it really depends on the situation. Yeah if someone smokes in a vehicle with the windows up that's the kind of thing that stays with it forever.

I haven't had a cigarette in close to 5 years now (use one of those vapor dealy things) and still don't think my truck smells of smoke. It is very "neutral" i guess you could say. Smells like nothing, or like whatever air freshener i put in.

FWIW, i cant stand the smell of cigarette smoke now either.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You have been in my truck a bunch, do you think it smells like smoke in there?

I think it really depends on the situation. Yeah if someone smokes in a vehicle with the windows up that's the kind of thing that stays with it forever.

I haven't had a cigarette in close to 5 years now (use one of those vapor dealy things) and still don't think my truck smells of smoke. It is very "neutral" i guess you could say. Smells like nothing, or like whatever air freshener i put in.

FWIW, i cant stand the smell of cigarette smoke now either.

I don't smell the smoke but I sure as hell smell the vape. Leave it outside this summer for a day with the windows up (not like you'd leave then down lmao) and I'll come smell it.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Been a year and a half since I smoked in my truck. Definitely didnt smell like cigs last summer. I also smoked a lot of cigars in there too. I think over time the smell dissapates, but that inital few months of ownership you might notice it in certain situations. Like said it depends on who is smoking. Never understood how people smoke with their windows up, but I see it all the time in the winter.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I don't smell the smoke but I sure as hell smell the vape. Leave it outside this summer for a day with the windows up (not like you'd leave then down lmao) and I'll come smell it.

Deal!

And yeah I agree with Chris, I dont think it ever smelled to anyone who was in it, even the day of or after being smoked in. But I take care of my shite and was always super careful to get that smoke OUT of the cabin as fast as possible.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Yep, a professional ozone cleaning will help but it will be there forever, especially on hot days.

I'm not in Michigan or I'd help you out.

x2 on the ozone generator, I've seen (or smelled) it work.

I think it also depends how much it was smoked in. Did he light up every day to/from work? Just a few times on the weekends? Also helps if he never left ashes sit inside. My truck has been smoked in, but I'm not a smoker and it smells like a regular leather truck.

Read up on an ozone machine, should remove all odors from the interior of vehicle in about 72 hours if setup correctly. We used them in fire damaged homes extensively..

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Deal!

And yeah I agree with Chris, I dont think it ever smelled to anyone who was in it, even the day of or after being smoked in. But I take care of my shite and was always super careful to get that smoke OUT of the cabin as fast as possible.

then ill fart in it afterward and you will never have to worry about a smoke smell again :roflmao: :D

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
:roflmao::roflmao:

You laugh but its damn near possible. I accidentally (if that's possible) hot boxed my truck in the middle.of the summer. Talking on the phone, ripped off one of those giant burrito farts, got out, closed door and walked away. Came back 10 minutes later and gagged myself.

If that shit will dissipate, smoke should too. I'm surprised my seat was still intact

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You laugh but its damn near possible. I accidentally (if that's possible) hot boxed my truck in the middle.of the summer. Talking on the phone, ripped off one of those giant burrito farts, got out, closed door and walked away. Came back 10 minutes later and gagged myself.

If that shit will dissipate, smoke should too. I'm surprised my seat was still intact

give me some ice cream and the stench will be burned in your nostrils :D. ive made a guy puke from the smell, i laughed so hard i farted again and the cycle repeated :roflmao:. lactose intolerance is a great bio chemical weapon lol

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Actually what you could do is heat up the cab and use an Ozone machine. Im talking hot like 140*, but you run the risk of burning it to the ground. That with a GOOD detailing should pretty much knock it out as long as your not real sensitive.

C20s post about fire damage reminded me how "new" buildings smell after they have been super heated to kill bed bug infestations. Also with fire builds though they use special paint ETC to seal in smoke smells.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Actually what you could do is heat up the cab and use an Ozone machine. Im talking hot like 140*, but you run the risk of burning it to the ground. That with a GOOD detailing should pretty much knock it out as long as your not real sensitive.

C20s post about fire damage reminded me how "new" buildings smell after they have been super heated to kill bed bug infestations. Also with fire builds though they use special paint ETC to seal in smoke smells.

its not uncommon for the interior of a car out here to reach 160* in the middle of summer when parked outside and windows up. there are videos of people cooking cookies, eggs, bacon, ect on their dashes. 140* nothing new :D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I smoked a cigarette in my truck once to help conceal the alcohol on my breathe... I don't smoke at all btw. The smell was in my truck for 7 days before it was 100% gone. If it's been smoked in for an extended period of time like years you aren't going to get rid of it man