Intercooler Alternative to the Big Names

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
My question to this thread is how do you all feel about the PPE intercooler , is it worth the extra coin, I really like the looks of it but that ain't gonna get it done in the real world?? Opinions please.......

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
My question to this thread is how do you all feel about the PPE intercooler , is it worth the extra coin, I really like the looks of it but that ain't gonna get it done in the real world?? Opinions please.......

My dad has the older style PPE IC on his black truck. Its hard to say how well it helped out since everything was done at once. I would spend the money on manifolds and up pipes before dropping almost a grand on a new IC.

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
My dad has the older style PPE IC on his black truck. Its hard to say how well it helped out since everything was done at once. I would spend the money on manifolds and up pipes before dropping almost a grand on a new IC.

Already have those , did those when I built the motor. I will be buying an IC this week , just don't know who to go with yet.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
the banks is priced alright when you buy it without the IC pipes.. have no idea how well these are holding up either tho i havent heard much about them??
im in the market as well

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Guys the CG&J unit holds up as good as any out there. I know someone running 140 lbs of boost through one on his dodge so they are made well. great design and product for the dollar.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Guys the CG&J unit holds up as good as any out there. I know someone running 140 lbs of boost through one on his dodge so they are made well. great design and product for the dollar.

Thats the HP unit right, don't want people thinking the regular CAC will hold that much

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It fit's tight to the fan clutch. There was just barely enough room to get the fan back on. It can be put on easier by removing the front upper support with the stack and there isn't a problem. It's pretty easy that way.

maximusprime

Jan 26, 2012
what is the part number for the hp intercooler from cg&j i tried BTC1165 but i think that is for the oem replacement.