Insurance companies replacing motors/parts?

itsjusmoney

Sep 19, 2010
baltimore, ohio
when i had my powerstroke i was on my parents insurance still and one morning my mom backed into my truck and i was still in bed. Allstate made us pay a deductable on my truck and hers and they wouldn't cover my chrom mirror covers cause they had little bubbles one the bottom from rocks i was pissed i now have progressive hopefully they are better when i need to file a claim. anybody have past experiance with progressive?

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
when i had my powerstroke i was on my parents insurance still and one morning my mom backed into my truck and i was still in bed. Allstate made us pay a deductable on my truck and hers and they wouldn't cover my chrom mirror covers cause they had little bubbles one the bottom from rocks i was pissed i now have progressive hopefully they are better when i need to file a claim. anybody have past experiance with progressive?

IMO its all about the adjuster that is dealing with the claim no matter what insurance company it is. All you can do is hope they are having a good day before they get to you.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
Progressive will put the screws to you too. My dad wad pulling into are shop driveway and got rearended by a lady driving a honda that had progressive and he had nothing but trouble. They kept saying he was 20 percent at fault just because he was in front of her. They finally got that off there mind about 2 months later and he settled but it was'nt easy.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I don't think there is such a good thing as "GOOD" insurance company :(

Cant get them to fix shit and when they finaly do you get generic aftermarket or used parts shoved up your ass. :mad:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I really hear ya on insurance companies I'm sure everyone has a story. I can recall I got slammed on the highway in my 1998 Dually that totaled the car that hit me but only put a small scratch on my bumper and bent the brackets as the hitch took the blunt of the hit. I immediately called the accident in for a claim and ordered a new bumper at my dealer.

By the time the adjuster called me I already paid cash for the bumper and had he dealer install it. I faxed a copy of the PAID invoice to the adjuster and he called me. He offered me less than $20 dollars then what I paid! I told him all I want is the money I'm out of pocket! The asshole just kept arguing with me saying that is ALL they will pay,I shit you not!

I was so pissed at this point I told the adjuster that I had a sore neck now a week later after the accident and said I'm seeking legal advice and going to the hospital and slammed the phone down! Five minutes passed and now he was blowing up my phone at home ,my office and cell wanting to settle!

The next day I received a overnight letter with the check in the FULL amount I paid. Over $20 bucks I could have easily sued for THOUSANDS and easily won! All I wanted was my out of pocket money. I took the check and that was the end of it. I couldn't believe it!

But nonetheless a scam is a scam. But I do wonder if you ran something over in the road the punctured your oil pan if they would cover a engine? I also have never been asked about modifications. I have Allstate now but I've always was treated well with Liberty Mutual. Long story why I don't have them anymore

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I don't think there is such a good thing as "GOOD" insurance company :(

Cant get them to fix shit and when they finaly do you get generic aftermarket or used parts shoved up your ass. :mad:
Mine is really good except for the fact the tripled my premium for high risk when I was 20. I've had progressive/travellers,ect since then and travellers was the worst, policy was vehicles older than 3 years had to get salvage parts. I went back to my original company when I married and all is good so far.

But nonetheless a scam is a scam. But I do wonder if you ran something over in the road the punctured your oil pan if they would cover a engine? I also have never been asked about modifications. I have Allstate now but I've always was treated well with Liberty Mutual. Long story why I don't have them anymore

I took out a road sign years ago . It took out the hood,grille,bumper,and mirror; but worst of all the remainder of the pole went through the transmission casing. You could see into the trans with the hole and they installed a new GM crate trans @ $4300 I think it was.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I recently dumped progressive. Expensive, and one day I forgot to make my payment and they canned me that night at 12am. (had been with them for 4-5 years) Shopped around and found State Farm to be cheapest for me... rates went from $130 to $95 for the exact same coverage.