LMM: installed quadzilla stock no dpf program keeps going into regen?

mcrae08lmm

Feb 18, 2012
cape coral fl
Just installed a downpipe back exhaust on my 08 lmm. Installed quadzilla stock no dpf program, and it seems to keep going into regen process at idle. Rpms go up and its has a weird noise that is unusual for about 5 to 7 seconds. Which from what I have been told is the indication of a regen. Truck runs awesome and sounds freakin sweet. But I deleted the Dpf to try and gain every mpg I can, and what seems to b a continuous regen
isn't helping. Lol. I'm new to this forum and this is my first diesel so any info would b greatly appreciated. Thanks

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
you have to shut the regen cycle off I thought the dpf delete on the quadzilla would take care of that. even tho there is no dpf the sensors may still read dirty from soot through the pipe.. maybe im wrong but thats what figured..

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
you have to shut the regen cycle off I thought the dpf delete on the quadzilla would take care of that. even tho there is no dpf the sensors may still read dirty from soot through the pipe.. maybe im wrong but thats what figured..

There shouldn't be any dpf related sensors in the exhaust. Usually the sensors are removed and any of the remaining electrical connectors are taped off to prevent getting any dirt in them.

To the OP are you sure the rpms are increasing? Or does the exhaust go from a hissing sound to more of a v-8 gas engine type sound? If this is the case it's just the vane position sensor and is normal. I'm pretty sure there are some gauges within the qzilla where you can see vane position, rpm, and maybe even regen cycle. This might give you a better idea of what's going on.

mcrae08lmm

Feb 18, 2012
cape coral fl
I did tape off the 2 connections and i taped off the flexible diff presure hoses and zip tied them back to the frame. The noise that occured now that its mentioned did sound like a gas type v8 sound and rpm prolly did stay the same. It was just really weird in the time that i have had the truck i have only heard that noise 1 other time, but in the couple hours after changing the exhaust and removing the dpf it happened 3 or 4 times. if it was the vanes from the turbo is there a reason it does this and y would it happen so frequently after i changed the exhaust?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Sounds like the vanes sweeping. The truck does this everytime you turn it on. It's to self check the vane position sensor. The reason you never heard it before is because the stock exhaust does a great job muffling the sound.

mcrae08lmm

Feb 18, 2012
cape coral fl
ahhh that would make perfect sense.Everytime it happened it was within a short amount of time of a startup. Thanks for the help guys much appreciated :thumb:

mcrae08lmm

Feb 18, 2012
cape coral fl
Ok don't mean to beat the dog here guys but today when I got home I went to the store. The noise before mentioned happened upon start up, twice at the first stop light and twice when I got to the store letting it idle for a min. It happened 5 times within about 10th min. Is this still normal? I completely understand a vane test upon start up but that many times seems excessive.

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
I'm not sure that mine does it that often but I am so used to it I rarely notice it any more. I would say its probably normal especially if the truck is driving fine. You might double check and make sure you loaded the non-dpf tunes for qzilla and not the dpf tunes.