LB7: Injector rebuild kits

Bertram38

Nov 21, 2012
Can you rebuild your own LB7 injectors. I see a OEM Bosch kit for 500.00 with seals and copper washers, nozzles.
Seems easy to me. but I may be wrong.
B38

elvenhome21

Jun 7, 2012
that really isnt a rebuild kit. That kit you would buy if your need new nozzles and a gasket kit. The inner working of the injector is what goes bad, so NO its not what your looking for.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
If ll you wanted to do was replace your nozzles due to poor spray pattern, then yes this would work. Problem is teh nozzles rarely fail and I owuld say 95% of the time are not the problem. The actual valve portion is in the top, and that is where they fail. To rebuild them you would need ALOT of moneys worth in special flow test equipment to verify flow pattern, amount injected, amount bypassed, and valve bleed off.

rzh

Mar 1, 2014
rusty,

that really isnt a rebuild kit. That kit you would buy if your need new nozzles and a gasket kit. The inner working of the injector is what goes bad, so NO its not what your looking for.

what inner workings are you referring to, the electrical side??

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
what inner workings are you referring to, the electrical side??

There's a needle in there and a ball and probably some seals and a bunch of complex shit. Then you need a Bosch flow bench to flow the injectors to make sure they work.