Injector Questions?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I see injectors fail on all of the duramax engines, the key to injector life is keeping water out of the fuel and good filtration. The later injectors for the lb7 seem to have evened out the playing field quite a bit. As far as I'm concerned you guys should keep buying LLY, lbz and LMM trucks so it keeps the lb7 prices down for us guys who aren't scared
X2

If you go with a lb7 try to get one that had them replaced by the dealer already. If you do get a lb7 I'm a lot cheaper then the prices you posted for injectors heck I can send you ones 30% or biggier for the prices you posted. With a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty.You will have to put out for a core charge at first but you get that back.
Darryl and Henry will hook you up on the cheap for sure

If you get an Lb7 take it to a good dealership or diesel shop before you buy it and have the fuel system all checked out. That way you'll know if you're going to need to do them soon or not. It's cheap insurance really, if I'd have done that I'd have gotten my truck for less than half what I paid for it.

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone
This is money well spent

I've been looking for some nozzles for the lbz. but dang even their expensive
Henry can hook you up im getting injectors and 60 overs in a couple weeks

Nothing wrong with the lb7s they may need injectors a little sooner but its not like you have to replace then once a year or anything like that,while your shopping for your LB7 make sure you dont get a cali model they will have a cat and an egr on them the intake ports in the heads are smaller and you have an egr valve on there to go bad and it has an air pump that runs on the serp belt as well.I like the nice big injectors on the lb7 so you can run a low pusle on the injector.Parts are easiest to find used or new and im with you i love the looks of the lb7 trucks,my only sugestion is to make sure you stay away from the cali models.

Good Luck,Scott

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
well i figured if i was gonna get some id go 100% i don't really see why i should go any smaller lol

And I have to ask what other supporting mods do you have? Do you have twin cp3's a large single turbo or big twins or a triple turbo kit on there. Also do you have a built motor ?

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
And I have to ask what other supporting mods do you have? Do you have twin cp3's a large single turbo or big twins or a triple turbo kit on there. Also do you have a built motor ?

Yup putting 100% overs in a otherwise stock truck would be a waste of money and a giant pain in the ass to tune.

There is a point to big injectors if you have air to support a need for them or running silly high rpm with a fair bit of air. I really don't see a ton of need for anything more than 30% on an otherwise stock engine.

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
They are not that bad to change it only takes me about 5-6 hours out and back in but ive done a few.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Tom im honestly not a believer in that... absolutely some LBZ's run big power and live where others aren't so lucky. Not because I have one but IMHO its kinda hard to look at LLY's as being inferior to the LBZ's. My truck has made good power for a long time and as far as I can tell to no ill effect.

I agree Nick. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think the LLY is the best engine model all things considered.