Injector knock

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
What could cause a intermittent injector knock. It gets really loud. Injectors are stock at 305,000.

2005 gmc 2005 hd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
None other than my EGR and glow plug 1. Still need to get it tuned for the delete. What do I look for in a faulted plug?

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Its injector connectors 2 and 7 that have the most issues. More details will help, does it run bad? Check engine light come on? any codes? Have you inspected all the usual wire chaff areas? (Google it) Have your balance rates checked with a scan tool.... 300K on stock sticks that are original sure adds an injector or 2 to the mix. So more info is best and cheapest for you, Because we can give you a short list of expensive educated guesses and common parts to replace that will make xmas a little short on cash this year. Good luck.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Will get rates tomorrow morning. No engine light. Runs smooth can only hear then intermittently if there is just a little bit of throttle applied but not all the time. In the process of moving so I will try and find time tomorrow to go over the wiring.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
4a9addc45b747e168d57518d0b595f77.jpg

Balance rates are within spec.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ck the ground wires at the right front of the block. I chased an intermittent fuel knock in my truck for almost a year before I stumbled onto the pesky loose ground wire.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Ck the ground wires at the right front of the block. I chased an intermittent fuel knock in my truck for almost a year before I stumbled onto the pesky loose ground wire.

That would make sense since I have kinda noticed it from when I did head gaskets and studs

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
https://vimeo.com/144678287 What do you guys think ? Could this be the injectors stuck open or is thi something a lot worse .... Rod knock ? Thanks

Sounds exactly like when I broke a push rod doing my head gaskets. Guess I cracked it when instal and didn't even notice it when I did Valve lash. At that point I said **** it and took it to Scott Noel in St. Paul as it was my first major work on a motor and was suppose to get a ton of help from people but no one came.