LB7: injector cup removal tool

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
Here is my version.... I wanted a design that grips the injector cup as much as possible. With this it has total contact with the id of the tube not knocking bullfrogs tool as it prolly works well
Lb7injectorcuptool.jpg

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
I knew I should have put a patent on it:rofl:

Its definitely not rocket science. If my tool and write up helped one person save time and money it was worth alot more than trying to make a killing on ebay. These trucks are expensive enough already to play with.

And for 75 dollars for that tool pictured i would pony up 50 more bucks and buy the real damn thing. It does make me feel good that people are selling my ideas on ebay though:D

I have used your version:thumb: worked well. I finally got my kent moore tool in ( I forgot I had even ordered one) but, have not worked on lb7 cups since then.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I agree, pony up the $ and get the real deal, money well spent. I also wouldn't reuse the cups, you wouldn't believe how small a ding and put water in the cylinder. We had one with a tiny flaw that was new and didn't see it. When we swapped motors and were trying to fire the engine, we had forgot to put an EGT probe in the maniford and noticed water coming out the hole, (thank god) or we would have hydrolocked the motor. Turned out to be a tiny flaw on the seating surface of the cup. New cups are a lot less then an new motor.:thumb: