Im losing my marbles

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
As you all know i have been contemplating on putting a lly in my truck and just getting rid of the lb7 injector issues but now after what i saw on my truck i dont believe it is a injector issue, it maybe something else. balance rates are
My fuel rate was 8mm3 as well when warmed up. Just through that out their because of Ferms post that i read.
1) .6
2) .6
3) -1.5
4) -1.0
5) 0
6) 1.4
7) .5
8) 0

My symptoms are blue smoke on cold start, farts and pop off from one cylinder which i am sure is due to the plug i have in the driver side head on cylinder number 8 which is dropping a little bit of compression. Then when it warms up its goes away AT idle. When i rev the engine up to say around 2200rpms or higher is starts hazing blue and if i go higher in rpm it will get a little thicker as rpms increase. Now this just clicked in my good old noggin that as rpms rise, the oil pressure rises. So now i am starting to think it is not my injectors, i have other problems. I dont drive my truck that much and it was really making me angry that the injectors i just installed are starting to go south but i honestly dont think that is my case anymore. (last year i put 4000 miles on it) oil drops a little but not that much. Maybe a quart every year lol that i even notice. I did just put a 64mm ihi on in august and the problem started happening about a month after i installed it? Never really had a turbo go bad before especially with in 4000 miles?
Pulled the cap oil fill cap of cold and at running temp...no blow by and seems fine.

Trying not to jump the gun on changing out the engine now. Wondering where you guys think i should start?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
tomorrow i will check the intercooler tubes and run it with out it hooked up to see if it produces the same smoke. If it does then i will then do a compression test. ill report back tomorrow

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
tomorrow i will check the intercooler tubes and run it with out it hooked up to see if it produces the same smoke. If it does then i will then do a compression test. ill report back tomorrow
Could still be leaking into the exhaust side and cause smoke. Any slimy residue on the exhaust joints?

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
You should find a shop that can do the compression test with a lab scope and amp clamp. Then you don't even have to get your hands dirty. They should be able to do it in like 15 minutes. Check the exhaust side of the turbo for oil.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I have rebuilt this truck top to bottom with my dirty hands, i am not stopping here lol. i have no problem getting my hands dirty, have worked in a scrap yard for 7 years and it is not a clean job but sure is a fun one. I have tried the amp clamp, nice constant steady wave. Going to rule out the turbo first before compression test. Good idea on checking on exhaust side.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Unbolt the down pipe, take an inspection mirror, and flash light to look all around the turbine wheel. If you see anything but flat black soot then you'll probably be pulling that turbo.

Yellowchevy

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I have rebuilt this truck top to bottom with my dirty hands, i am not stopping here lol. i have no problem getting my hands dirty, have worked in a scrap yard for 7 years and it is not a clean job but sure is a fun one. I have tried the amp clamp, nice constant steady wave. Going to rule out the turbo first before compression test. Good idea on checking on exhaust side.
Haha yeah I've been a tech for 7 years. I know all about having dirty hands. If you have a nice smooth wave you are good unless the whole motor is low.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
no oil what so ever in the driver side inter cooler tube. pulled the oil fill cap noticed minimal amounts of blow by, but it didnt do it during first initial start up only after it warmed up...could be just that it was 35 degrees out and i could see the warm air escaping out of the fill tube

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
next going to pull the down pipe back and take a gander at the exhaust housing of the turbo just to make sure it is not wet