I'm getting called out by 2 dodges...

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Apparently there are 2 dodge guys in my friends town that want to race for money.

One is a young guy taking diesel classes with his old 12v and some other dodge guy. The 12v is a 2wd reg auto with supposedly a turbo, injectors, and "built" motor... pretty sure he's churching it up. He said track or street, from a dig he will put money on his truck. I'm confident that him being 2wd with no slicks, even if he has a lot more power with the lighter weight than me he will never make up the lost ground from a poor 60'.

Other one has a manual and wants to do a 30mph rolling start. Nothing a brake boost won't take care of. I don't have any clue what his mods are but I think a stock trans dmax with efilive already beat him so that should be easy money.

I don't care, as long as they put up some cash! I could use the beer money :roflmao: It'll be good fun either way. trying to set up the 12v for a 1/4 track in the next week or so. Give's me a chance see how the twins do for me in the 1/4 too :thumb:

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Ehh you got em, no problem. I smoked a kid yesterday in my 6.7, and he had an 06 or 07 duramax, with some Efi tunes. He has Efi stickers all over the truck, but I honestly think he just had a lope tune on it lol. Was talking mad smack, so i schooled him :). but just as soon as I whooped him, my fiancé in my 05 blew my doors off with just the tow tune!

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Ehh you got em, no problem. I smoked a kid yesterday in my 6.7, and he had an 06 or 07 duramax, with some Efi tunes. He has Efi stickers all over the truck, but I honestly think he just had a lope tune on it lol. Was talking mad smack, so i schooled him :). but just as soon as I whooped him, my fiancé in my 05 blew my doors off with just the tow tune!

What color was the duramax?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Apparently there are 2 dodge guys in my friends town that want to race for money.

One is a young guy taking diesel classes with his old 12v and some other dodge guy. The 12v is a 2wd reg auto with supposedly a turbo, injectors, and "built" motor... pretty sure he's churching it up. He said track or street, from a dig he will put money on his truck. I'm confident that him being 2wd with no slicks, even if he has a lot more power with the lighter weight than me he will never make up the lost ground from a poor 60'.

Other one has a manual and wants to do a 30mph rolling start. Nothing a brake boost won't take care of. I don't have any clue what his mods are but I think a stock trans dmax with efilive already beat him so that should be easy money.

I don't care, as long as they put up some cash! I could use the beer money :roflmao: It'll be good fun either way. trying to set up the 12v for a 1/4 track in the next week or so. Give's me a chance see how the twins do for me in the 1/4 too :thumb:

What town? I wish someone would play with me!!! Lol nobody from my hometown or around these areas want to play with me anymore. I don't mean to sound cocky or brag but after racing just one person in each town everyone gets scared. I mean its just a race. But yet they talk all big until I pull out the keys and say lets go!

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
While we a on the race topic, has any one with a stock duramax raced a 6.4 powerstoke. I will be going up against my buddies and he did a 13 flat with another power level to go. I am just wondering about stock to stock engine wise.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
While we a on the race topic, has any one with a stock duramax raced a 6.4 powerstoke. I will be going up against my buddies and he did a 13 flat with another power level to go. I am just wondering about stock to stock engine wise.

The 6.4 is pretty stout with just a tune... I imagine you mean stock trans. D-max? It would be close but I think the 6.4 would edge you out...

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
These boys don't know me at all, or the truck. My 2 buddies are just stirring the pot! I'm pretty sure ill catch them off guard

They are from Brenham, TX. Small town boys