Im Back- and looking to DPC 2016

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Been in the DPC twice with customers and honestly don't ever plan on doing it again, political mess for a bunch of ass kissing and I'm not into that crap!

Anyone who leads you to believe the DPC is for the enthusiasts/competitors is wrong. It's a Marketing ploy for a magazine to profit and boost/spike sales. Which none of the profit's go to the actual people competing. For the money you spend trying to get ready the juice is not worth the squeeze
Have diesel competitions EVER been about winning money?! Even top dogs NEVER get back even a fraction of what they spend. Name me one person who has made more than their fuel money back in a diesel competition?
For me this is not about money, it is about inspiring women to get more involved in the diesel industry, or even just anyone in general. Being a role model, getting a bit of bragging rights. I want to inspire the diesel industry and bring Duramax back on top.
Diesels have never been about making money, its always a marketing ploy! When isnt it? Whos with me?

I don't know the setup on that truck, but if they are smaller triples, it should drive and launch fairly similar to what you are use to but with more power all around. If they are larger than it will take some getting used to.

I agree with Andrew on the DPC Koolaid. Maybe try the 11.90 index class, and do some local pulls and see how it goes at first.

11.90 index with a 10 second truck? They are bigger turbos but still have spoolability. I am testing and tuning the truck all summer, at the track and at the pulls. I will be ready, not changing shit the week before DPC... I wont be entering DPC till October when they get new submissions for 2016.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
11.90 index with a 10 second truck? They are bigger turbos but still have spoolability. I am testing and tuning the truck all summer, at the track and at the pulls. I will be ready, not changing shit the week before DPC... I wont be entering DPC till October when they get new submissions for 2016.

Seems like you know everything and have it all figured out....good luck:thumb:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
If dpc is your goal, be ready for alot of mid competition rule changes. They make the rules up as they go. You'll see. Good luck.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Have diesel competitions EVER been about winning money?! Even top dogs NEVER get back even a fraction of what they spend. Name me one person who has made more than their fuel money back in a diesel competition?
For me this is not about money, it is about inspiring women to get more involved in the diesel industry, or even just anyone in general. Being a role model, getting a bit of bragging rights. I want to inspire the diesel industry and bring Duramax back on top.
Diesels have never been about making money, its always a marketing ploy! When isnt it? Whos with me?

Uhhh maybe you should look at the purse on some of the outlaw events. We sponsor trucks that take home 5-10 g's at some single events. For the people who have been in it a long time, its nice to get something back for the hard work and effort they have put in to build such a consistant fast running truck. Id say thats more than gas money...

Its good to have goals. Good luck on yours

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thanks for all the help duraamxdiesel forum, I guess all Ive learned is that I shouldnt do it and should aim lower. :hug:
wtf is outlaw events?

Don't get your feathers ruffled because most on here don't support the DPC... It's your truck and money so go for it if you want:thumb: I hope you do well:hug:

Most people agree it's not a "Diesel Event" it's a ploy to sell more magazines, not give competitors a fair shot at wining... Just my take on it.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
You energy would be better spent over on Comp D if you want to get enough recognition to be voted in. I canceled my subscription for what they did to Andrew and I was also part of the ballot.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland

Well the fastest super street trucks are in the 9's and I did not know the setup. I also did not know if you wanted to put a cage/had a cage etc.

I think being ready for dpc and not coming in with a new setup is a good way to win, but it seems like everyone that gets voted in at least gives the voters the impression the truck is getting some new setup.

I think if you go into it with reasonable expectations which you have shown so far you will get what you want out of it.

Starting your campaign early with a dpc2016 facebook page may be helpful with voters, and in promoting the magazine as others have mentioned lol

good luck

What did they do to Andrew. I wouldve thought I could get a bit of support from my fellow duramax people.... no wonder there has been a poor showing for duramax you guys are all against it.

I will be the first to say this site is not your typical keyboard racers. Most of the guys here are hardcore racers/pullers/wrenches.

But if you get in I will be glad to watch and support you if that is what will make you the happiest.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I don't think the members here are against you, they just hate to see you put so much money and effort into something that helps Diesel Power so much and helps you so little. If you do decide to compete I personally and Im sure allot more here will gladly vote for you.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
What did they do to Andrew. I wouldve thought I could get a bit of support from my fellow duramax people.... no wonder there has been a poor showing for duramax you guys are all against it.

Poor showing for the GM crowd? Since when? :confused:

And I personally do wish you luck for wanting to go, but your in for a rude awakening.