I wonder how come------

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
When your rolling down the road low speed ,mostly city driving, low RPM no Boost usually 4th gear TC locked and you roll into the throttle lightly so as not to force a downshift ,you all know lugging it, and this big gray black sometimes huge amount of smoke comes out the tailpipe and cars behind you swerve sometimes erratically to get around it like you threw a booger out the window and they don't want to get any on them?

It's not like it's wet or something for the most part it's not completely blinding their view.It's not like the plague or some other airborne disease. I don't get it anyone else witness this? :confused:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Whose tuning?
My TTS extreme used to do this. I had Tony write a custom tune for me and things realy changed big for the better.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Whose tuning?
My TTS extreme used to do this. I had Tony write a custom tune for me and things realy changed big for the better.

It's a Non customer accessible Power loader version I, a combination of Quad/PPE ECM hot off the I did it first in my trailer testing dyno behind the shop calibration for the LB7 tuning.

I've ran Tony's stuff and he's to difficult to deal with. Customer service sucks! Then theres the waiver and all that bullshit not to mention how he acquired the tune logging for months others hard work!

Guess I'll go back to "my guy" and see if he has something custom or just lean on the go peddle a little harder.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Honestly i usually do it on purpose when some dickhead is tail gating.....im probably gonna get flamed for that lol

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I think everyone does that that can unless your some whacko environment tree hugger. Now I mean that with restraint as blowing tuns of smoke all the time isn't good for us as a whole. But a once in awhile thing I don't consider a big deal.

Similar to what this whole post is about. I flogged this car and cars goofing around. But I do wonder why people are scared of it like they're gonna get get some on them like a snot! Funny

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
I think everyone does that that can unless your some whacko environment tree hugger. Now I mean that with restraint as blowing tuns of smoke all the time isn't good for us as a whole. But a once in awhile thing I don't consider a big deal.

Similar to what this whole post is about. I flogged this car and cars goofing around. But I do wonder why people are scared of it like they're gonna get get some on them like a snot! Funny

All of my tunes have done this.. edge(way back when), van atkin(really way back) and my ppe hot..

I smoked out a Cali freeway on my way back last week.(300hp tune). But some efftard thought he was going to cut me off, because HE wasnt looking and thought I was gong to move over(with gooseneck trailer) and let him on the freeway... :mad:

I dont like to roll tons of smoke while towing.. But didnt feel like changing teh tune.. Wanted to get Home..

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i jsut dont like having that crap come in my vents and into the cab. soot dont smell all that great so ill change lanes. Mine use to be able to do that till i finally put a good MAF on and the twins, then it seemed to all disappear. I really dont like heavy smoke anymore, makes it more fun to play on "closed course" without grabbing EVERYONEs attention

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
my ppe did that on the 225 or above tunes. if you didnt roll into it SLOWLY while the converter was locked, it would start billowing smoke like crazy.i wasnt to fond of that:eek:
the efi tune (mmlmm) that im running right now is stronger and smokes WAY LESS and i mean like no smoke when i lug the engine. at WOT it does smoke but not asmuch as the ppe did.

EFI rocks

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I hope you all understand that I'm not complaining about the tune. I know how to eliminate it and I now smoke doesn't mean power I'm just wondering why drivers ditch the smoke. :D

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Oh:spit: I had one following me on the way to California for about 100 miles and ever so often the truck would be smoking. It was a pearl white 4runner. When he finally passed me I could clearly see a very dark film of soot over the whole front end. There was evidence that he used his wipers too:spit: I laughed my ass off

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
the dumb ones just panic and change lanes, the dickheads just do it to overexaggerate. idk its pretty funny sometimes I still think, the Lexus drivers I love! Ohh man, got me a really nice car gotta keep it clean cause I'm a rich yuppie, no bitch its a overpriced toyota.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Oh:spit: I had one following me on the way to California for about 100 miles and ever so often the truck would be smoking. It was a pearl white 4runner. When he finally passed me I could clearly see a very dark film of soot over the whole front end. There was evidence that he used his wipers too:spit: I laughed my ass off

That is funny as you mentioned I've seen people put their wipers on also. :roflmao:

I'm surprised that you seen soot on the vehicle. I mean for a short burst in my circumstance I couldn't or wouldn't believe they "get some on me". :D

I'm telling you I do laugh my ass off when I see people swerving ,wipers going just to get away. Fricken hilarious if you ask me. :roflmao:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
You wonder "how come?" Maybe it's because they can't see. Even with partial vision it's like driving in fog, you slow down. Mine had a PPE tuner for a little bit. Any tune past 4 would just belch smoke. Being at high altitude was probably a factor. Any kind of accelerator pressure at highway speed put out thick black smoke that obliterated anyone behind me. I couldn't see them and driving into a black cloud at 70 they couldn't see me either, so 'course they're gonna slow down or change lanes. What do you expect them to do? I hated driving the truck and that tuner came out after 2 days. It's not real funny.....besides the person directly behind, people even several hundred yds back have to drive through that stuff, and people in the other lanes all get to see it and develop a hate for those awful smoke belching polluting diesels.

darkside

Sep 15, 2011
left coast
It's a great way to merge into the right lane when that SOB won't let you move over. They think you blew up and they want to give space :thumb:

bigchev

Apr 14, 2009
Boise, Idaho
For some reason I don't care much for the new model trucks. If truck doesn't smoke now and then and then make a little noise now and then it doesn't feel quite right;);)

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I hope you all understand that I'm not complaining about the tune. I know how to eliminate it and I now smoke doesn't mean power I'm just wondering why drivers ditch the smoke. :D

Iremember a day when all i had was stock junk and i got stuck behind a powerstroke that had something done to it. Couldn't see the lines on the onramp till i made it to the freeway, first thought i had was "i gotta make mine do that" :rofl:

Too many people out there now that'll turn you in so most of my dsp settings are clean but its still fun to f**k with the occasional rude driver on the race tune

i like when the auto lights come on then go off as they come out of the cloud

First time I saw that, i busted up.... had to try it a second time:roflmao: