I must be stupid

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I can't for the life of me figure out how to hook the wires up for a dsp 5 on an Lbz. I don't see any pin numbers anywhere. Anybody know what I'm missing?? Feel free to call me blind and or dumb cause it's got me stumped

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
The pin numbers on a diagram. Do a search on Google for ECM connection. If I had it I would give it. Shouldn't be too hard from there unless your dumb, blind, or stupid. LOL. jk I had to, and it was open, sorry.

I like tacos.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Pin numbers are very tiny and only on the ends of the inside of the plug. It's the second row, 3rd or 4th pin in next to the tan wire. Put the ground to the frame on the dash ect. Sorry don't have one sitting in front of me.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Find the small numbers on the connectors that plug into the ecm then just count over to the number u need there will be a blue pin in its place where the wires insert

DIESEL1

Dec 18, 2011
Pin 46 for signal and 54 ground. 2nd row and 3rd row. Top connector on the ecm. It is way easier to assess the connector from the fender well. You can see the numbers better make sure you remove the purple lock with a small pick or screwdriver. And the wires going into the plug have to be clocked or they wont fit. Good luck

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Ok, I been trying to find the diagram but no luck yet. I am working from the wheel well, so I can get to it all pretty good. Just can't see any damn numbers, but I am somewhat blind haha. Hopefully I can get it soon

DIESEL1

Dec 18, 2011
Just get a really good light. And take your time always take the time needed to understand your task at hand. It really isn't hard just a little harder to see the numbers. I always cut the zip tie holding the wires to the connector to make access to the pins I need. Their aren't any blue pins in the lbz just the lly had the removable pins. The easiest way to move the wires for me is having a small round pick and slide the unwanted wires out of the way very easy though try not to damage any in the process.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Ok, I been trying to find the diagram but no luck yet. I am working from the wheel well, so I can get to it all pretty good. Just can't see any damn numbers, but I am somewhat blind haha. Hopefully I can get it soon

The numbers are really small and there not at each pin just at the end of the rows.

The EFI Tutorial is pretty good and you can just look at the pics and count the pins/holes.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Have you unplugged the ECM? I know a few guys couldn't see the numbers because they didn't think they needed to unplug the ECM.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Oh yeah I unplugged it. I did my lb7 a few days ago so I know the drill for the most part. I just have a bad case of colorblindness, so I physically couldn't see the numbers. I had my girlfriend come out and she saw them perfect :embarrassed: . It's all hooked up and being reflashed right now. Thanks for the help! :thumb: