Info: I have a lifetime ban from the Diesel Place

hhhsharps

May 24, 2008
Holy Batshit.....took several trips out of town w/ business....put a few plugs over at DP for a budget tranny option (forever the champion of the underdog and the monitarilly unfortunate)....and a few cheers for Mike. Come home and sat down for a little comic relief as I had felt that Steve really hijacked the original thread and I discover guys gettin' the boot...Nick's gone walkabout (don't know him, but shake-ups at the top usually spell disaster) and there is a site (DD) that I have never heard of.

Boy do I feel stupid....nothing else really to say.

Didn't see that coming

Eric

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Do you want me to get more specific?

Yes, please do.

Perhaps you would have been given a warning had you been a contributing member of the beta area, but that was not the case.

I may have contributed had I felt I had something to share. I am still learning the basics.:eek:

I have customers and friends in Iowa and none of them can stand you.

Name one?

I don't even know anyone personally in my area that has a duramax, Let alone a duramax with a Mike L built trans.:rolleyes:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Yes, please do.

Perhaps you would have been given a warning had you been a contributing member of the beta area, but that was not the case.

I may have contributed had I felt I had something to share. I am still learning the basics.:eek:

A member here had a problem with his TTS Lift Pump and posted about it privately. You took that information and posted it on TDP in an attempt to discredit him. While the attempt failed, it was a sign that you placed a Vendor above your fellow hotrodders.

So now, the way a ColeTech thread goes, you need to change the topic once more. This time to lift pumps. I will head you off. You are a fool or a conman if you claim a zero failure on an electric aftermarket liftpump. You are a fool or a conman if you believe that that there has not been several TTS liftpump failures.

I still recommend TTS or Kennedy lift pumps to many folk. I would never tell them that they cannot ever fail, since I know personally of failures.

But back to your original topic diversion: Since you believe it's your God-given right to betray other hotrodders to score some kind of invisible brownie points, you are a poor candidate for beta testing McRat Racing products. Nor would I recommend you as a tester to other shops.

And back to the original topic, I was banned at TDP not for betraying my fellow hotrodders, but exactly the opposite. Defending their right to privacy got me banned for 30 days, and ultimately life. You have not been banned from this site. You have mearly been DQ'd from the beta testing area because of your actions.

As far as having nothing to contribute? Nobody here was born with knowledge, and nobody here is a Diesel God. Everything you see posted is by folk who spend the time and effort to learn something about these trucks.

Steve O

Apr 13, 2008
Mooresville, NC
You are chastising me for something that I did not do. Why? You bored tonight or something? You have no idea about anything and if I wanted information out there I sure as hell would have posted it.
Nothing to see here so just move along.

Mike L, I'm not trying to Chastise or offend you, that never has been my intentions. You said Modding, Modding to me is Modifying the part, I figured you built the trans or had a hand in building it or did some Modifications to it for Cole. When (sorrry can't remember his name) said Mod was writing "F U Steve Cole" in the case of his trans I did not see the humor...
I have done a lot of different types of racing and yes we would play tricks on our competitors/friends all in fun but I would never even get near a person, parts, or team that I had such animosity for as I see a lot of people have for Cole.. That is just me though..

Am I bored? No I have plenty to do,, I have been using the forums to see what's going on in other parts of the country just like everyone else,, isn't that what it's for?
I just got back on the Diesel Forums to see what's been going on on the NET.. I dropped off THE DIESEL PAGE as a moderator and other Forums because my main job and family has taken all my time the past 5 years..
The Diesel industry is slowing down a little (a lot) so I have I've been able to get back on the net a little more..

If I can help with anything on the forums I will do it, that is my purpose and always has been.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
---Quote (Originally by IOWA LLY)---

---Quote (Originally by McRat)---

Yes, please do.

---End Quote---

---End Quote---
A member here had a problem with his TTS Lift Pump and posted about it privately. You took that information and posted it on TDP in an attempt to discredit him. While the attempt failed, it was a sign that you placed a Vendor above your fellow hotrodders.

So now, the way a ColeTech thread goes, you need to change the topic once more. This time to lift pumps. I will head you off. You are a fool or a conman if you claim a zero failure on an electric aftermarket liftpump. You are a fool or a conman if you believe that that there has not been several TTS liftpump failures.

I still recommend TTS or Kennedy lift pumps to many folk. I would never tell them that they cannot ever fail, since I know personally of failures.

But back to your original topic diversion: Since you believe it's your God-given right to betray other hotrodders to score some kind of invisible brownie points, you are a poor candidate for beta testing McRat Racing products. Nor would I recommend you as a tester to other shops.

And back to the original topic, I was banned at TDP not for betraying my fellow hotrodders, but exactly the opposite. Defending their right to privacy got me banned for 30 days, and ultimately life. You have not been banned from this site. You have mearly been DQ'd from the beta testing area because of your actions.

As far as having nothing to contribute? Nobody here was born with knowledge, and nobody here is a Diesel God. Everything you see posted is by folk who spend the time and effort to learn something about these trucks.

Edit-I tried to fix this from my e-mail responce Kat

Last edited by a moderator:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Pat, I really do not want to get in a pssing match with you. But c'mon, I could say the same thing about you in that thread. You were posting partial truths about what was said in a private forum to try and discredit Cole.

Cole said the PPE pump (Edelbrock 1792) is a poor choice because they fail. I responded "All lift pumps have a failure rate, even TTS", and Cole shot back that his pumps never fail.

But from a more important aspect:

On TDP competing vendors are not allowed to slam other folk's products. This rule apparently did not apply to Cole. The Lift Pump thread was just one more example where I notified TDP that Cole was violating the rule, and it was once again allowed to stand. I'm trying to remember if I was given a time off for mentioning it; that is normally the case.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Cole said the PPE pump (Edelbrock 1792) is a poor choice because they fail. I responded "All lift pumps have a failure rate, even TTS", and Cole shot back that his pumps never fail.

On TDP competing vendors are not allowed to slam other folk's products. This rule apparently did not apply to Cole. The Lift Pump thread was just one more example where I notified TDP that Cole was violating the rule, and it was once again allowed to stand. I'm trying to remember if I was given a time off for mentioning it; that is normally the case.

Both of my TTS pumps quit working after about 18 months, in fact they leaked when I installed them because the nipple joining them was not tight enough......:mad:

It doesn't surprise me one bit that Steve gets away with what he does over there.

Nick is so far up Steve's ass he hasn't seen daylight in almost 5 years......:rofl:

Now that Pat and I are banned over there Steve has two less tuners to compete with, not that he is any competition anyway, he has only one truck to which he has any claim to fame and that is Buck's 2003, take that away from him and all he has is a web site and a lot of theory to back up his baseless claims.

:eek:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

I seem to remember that was the thread where you, Guy, me and Tony had our own conference room where we hashed it out with Rick, Nick and Chad. I remember nothing came of it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike L, I'm not trying to Chastise or offend you, that never has been my intentions. You said Modding, Modding to me is Modifying the part, I figured you built the trans or had a hand in building it or did some Modifications to it for Cole. When (sorrry can't remember his name) said Mod was writing "F U Steve Cole" in the case of his trans I did not see the humor...
I have done a lot of different types of racing and yes we would play tricks on our competitors/friends all in fun but I would never even get near a person, parts, or team that I had such animosity for as I see a lot of people have for Cole.. That is just me though..

Am I bored? No I have plenty to do,, I have been using the forums to see what's going on in other parts of the country just like everyone else,, isn't that what it's for?
I just got back on the Diesel Forums to see what's been going on on the NET.. I dropped off THE DIESEL PAGE as a moderator and other Forums because my main job and family has taken all my time the past 5 years..
The Diesel industry is slowing down a little (a lot) so I have I've been able to get back on the net a little more..

If I can help with anything on the forums I will do it, that is my purpose and always has been.

I never wrote anything in his trans. At the time I was working with him on trans mods. I did not sabotage his trans either.
You need to stop confronting me with things that someone else wrote. Untill you know all the facts, which you never will, leave it alone. You cannot have an opinion on this because you know nothing.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Pat
Add me to the list of failed TTS lift pumps. You were here last week helping me diagnose the problem. BIG DIPPER is sending me a couple of his to fix the problem.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Why are they not flow through? The Kennedy pumps are completely flow through

...not like the TTS's differ from the KD's or anything! :eek:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

Ive had one buddy with them fail and they were fine, and then another guy in town had them fail and they left him stranded.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Ben
They flow through to get you by ok but they are not capable of keeping the oem filter full of fuell and you cannot pump it up no matter what. So, when they fail, they cannot flow as much as if they were not there at all. They pose a restriction when not working.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Ben
They flow through to get you by ok but they are not capable of keeping the oem filter full of fuell and you cannot pump it up no matter what. So, when they fail, they cannot flow as much as if they were not there at all. They pose a restriction when not working.

Maybe I need to qualify that a little. I am running a big Moonshine program that requires a lot of fuel. Under low throttle angle it hesitates badly and smokes up a storm and has a hard time building boost. It might not be so bad with a smaller tune but it still cannot keep the filter full.