I HATE the radio!!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
They are AWESOME at killing songs!!! They play them over and over until the songs are dead, then they suddenly stop playing them and rotate to a new set of songs.

my music listening (on the radio, cd's in my truck, etc) basically alternates between new rock/alternative and all the 'junk' pop/hit music (yes, if cascada or miley cyrus comes on the radio, I do turn it up, so sue me).

There has been at least 5 songs off the top of my head that I found myself and really liked, no one had heard of any of them, the radios had no idea, etc...

I played them, and my friends heard them and started playing them. Id take them to the 'tick tock' (the small run-down local bar/club-ish place at school where you dont talk to people cause the music is so loud and everyone is so crammed in there, you just dance in a drunken crazy stupor haha) and everyone would be stop and say HUH what is this song and then say whoa this song is awesome! and everyone would start dancing around to it.

Then a month or two later, id suddenly hear it on the radio for the first time. Then id hear it again. And again, and again... pretty soon id hear it 5 times a day on the radio. It will be like that for about 3 months, then Id completely get sick of the song (so would everyone else) and the radio would suddenly stop playing it.

sorry...just a rant...I just want to call all the radio stations and be like "HEY!! I FOUND THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!! STOP KILLING IT!!!!!" :rofl:

ben

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
i finally had to get a radio with an ipod hook up for the tractor so i didnt have to listen to the local radio station play the same 10 songs over and over until the songs sucked.

Its a Party in the USA baby :D

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Our local radio station likes to play hometown bands songs. Which I don't mind. But there is one group of guys tha they play that are horrible. I've had farts stay in harmony better than them. And to top it off they play it twice an hour.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I only listen to my Ipod through my headunit now, or a talk show in the morning.

Radio stations suck. :eek:

I have a Sirius tuner I haven't hooked up yet but I've been thinking about it.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I hear ya Ben! I also hate the radio. Sat radio is the only thing that keeps me sane on the long drives! Thank God for Jason Ellis!!:rofl:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Ahhhh, Ellis he's a riot! him and his, "loads to the face" line all the time! :rofl:

I need to swap my Sirius over to the benz. Pissed me off when the screwed up #29, I liked the punk channel.

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Sat radio has been the greatest invention ever. I switched over about 5 years ago and haven`t looked back.

Jason Ellis has entertained me for many hours.

I think the whole sirius XM merger kind screwed things up though. I dunno... Octane, Faction, Sirius hits 1, lithium, alt nation and the country stations are still the same though and those are the only ones I listen too.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Yeah FM radio sucks...same 10 songs all the time :beatdeadhorse:

My sirius s50 quit working (they play the same 30 songs too if you listen to it enough), then a cd got stuck in my factory changer and wiped it out...I listened to FM radio for a week then got an ipod.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I totally agree...I don't listen to the radio, CDs, XM, or IPods...I have enough conversation going on in my head to keep me entertained...

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I totally agree...I don't listen to the radio, CDs, XM, or IPods...I have enough conversation going on in my head to keep me entertained...

Hmmnnnnn............How does one explain why the volume and seeks buttons are worn out on your steering wheel????:rofl::D

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Right now I'm stuck with FM radio. :( I have a Sirius set up to install, but I have run out of time since my garage (driveway) is covered in snow.