I am new from Texas

wess

Aug 26, 2012
San Antonio, tx
Hi i am wes and i have been a gm tech and sold cars and also a salesman at peters chevrolet in longview tx. I am not there now and pursuing new stuff. But even though i was a tech i know nothing but little bits and pieces about duramaxs. I bought an 08 2500 ltz with a duramax and need help with some upgrades.

First:
Programmer
Exhaust
Intake

-mainly brands/combo and what the transmission will take with it turned up_

I am here to learn...thx

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Welcome to the site. You're not far from me. I'm just down the road in Lindale. :welcome8:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
EFI Live for your programing, lots of tuners on this board that can help you out. If you want a canned tuner, PPE makes some good quality tuners. Any generic 4 or 5" exhaust, they all sound about the same, especially if they're straight piped. Intake isn't necessary on trucks below 500hp unless you want sound.

Transmission will take stock all the way to 600hp... depends how you drive it. The common number is ~100hp over stock before things start slipping. 08 can use a Transg Jr to give it a little better holding power, but its not a fix. Trans really needs clutch upgrades and a converter to make it reliably handle big hp though.

Welcome to the board

btw, I'm Wes too :D

wess

Aug 26, 2012
San Antonio, tx
lol thanks and i dont want a 10 sec truck( i have a 2001 gas supercharged pushing 723 to the rear wheels!!) I just want to get some power/pulling/gas mileage out of it as i drive a lot. i hear mainly intake/programmer/exhaust and sometimes i see people talking about a built tranny.

Is an egr delete nec? or any other deletes besides the dpf?

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Hi i am wes and i have been a gm tech and sold cars and also a salesman at peters chevrolet in longview tx. I am not there now and pursuing new stuff. But even though i was a tech i know nothing but little bits and pieces about duramaxs. I bought an 08 2500 ltz with a duramax and need help with some upgrades.

First:
Programmer PPE is about the best programmer you can get to begin with. When you're ready for more, EFI Live is the best you can get.
Exhaust Any 4" exhaust will do
Intake Won't do you any good til you get over 500 rwhp
-mainly brands/combo and what the transmission will take with it turned up_ You can put in a Transgo Jr. and add up to 100 rwhp safely

I am here to learn...thx

I'm sure there will be lots of other opinions also:thumb:

wess

Aug 26, 2012
San Antonio, tx
lol i just read.........i meant service and sold cars

oh and i can get a lot of info on gm vehicles...(also chrysler) so if you have any questions feel free to ask me if you need vehicle builds/history blah blah. I have a login on gmglobalconnect

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
lol thanks and i dont want a 10 sec truck( i have a 2001 gas supercharged pushing 723 to the rear wheels!!) I just want to get some power/pulling/gas mileage out of it as i drive a lot. i hear mainly intake/programmer/exhaust and sometimes i see people talking about a built tranny.

Is an egr delete nec? or any other deletes besides the dpf?

Pics??? We love horsepower around here :D

EGR, DPF and Cat are the ones I'd definitely remove. Reroute the PCV lines out of the intake as well. Some vendors here sell kits for that, however it's pretty easy to do it yourself.

wess

Aug 26, 2012
San Antonio, tx
ok awesome and i will in about a month....its getting a full makeover from bumper to bumper. 2 tone paintjob...it looks like bootay right now. lots of wetsanding

RandoTx

May 6, 2011
Welcome from San Antonio. Trans go jr. PPE is good, but Efi is better, air box mod, if it can be done on an 08? Turbo back exhaust, dpf delete, egr block, PVC reroute gauges and have some fun. Sure I'm forgetting some but I've been drinkin

wess

Aug 26, 2012
San Antonio, tx
lol well im in your neck of the woods working right now...i work for strike construction/shell in cotulla tx......................................there is nothing here.

but i have been researching places in san antonio to do my diesel stuff at

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
welcome!

Being near JoshH, I would suggest getting EFILive and letting him write you a nice little tune. He does a phenomenal job tuning to fit your needs!

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
welcome!

Being near JoshH, I would suggest getting EFILive and letting him write you a nice little tune. He does a phenomenal job tuning to fit your needs!

I second this and suggest you put a blocker plate in as it is alot cheaper than a full egr delete. JoshH can help you with that too.

Welcome from Beaumont!