Hx40?

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
I know my stock IHI is a 2.5 turbo but my question is where can I find any specs on it. Have a friend who said I could basically have his HX40 if I wanted it but didn't know if it was strictly a dodge turbo or if it was gonna be basically the same thing I already had. Hoping to hit the dirt this summer and wanting to do as well as I can without doing anything crazy money wise this summer just to cut my teeth and see where it goes from there. But if this would be a little better turbo for 2.6 then I'd go with it for the price.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
You would have to get a fancy pedestal to mount the hx40 on and it wouldn't be much better than your turbo, just get a set of traction bars, u joint shield, set of suspension blocks, a solid hitch ,put in a few hooks this year to get your experience then next year I'd start looking in to a s363 for workstock class or a 2.6 inlet turbo for 2.6 class

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.764114,-92.466882
2011 Ferd F-teenthousand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
thanks, need to finish up the u joint shields and suspension blocks and some other minor things that I want to do and I should be ready

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
HX40 depending on what exhaust housing is on it will flow more air than our stock turbo's... but it's not much of an upgrade. Probably not worth the trouble... unless the turbo was free, your stock one died, and you had nothing better to do with your time/energy ;)

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
Not quite free but not expensive. Cheaper than a pedestal would cost me but not really any cheaper than a used ihi. And it's a 7 blade "super" HX40 for what it's worth. I know it supposedly spools faster and makes more boost than the regular one.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
If he is just giving that hx40 away i cpuld use that on my 12 valve haha

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Alot of dodge guys use the super 40 in work stock. But like everyone else said prob not worth the trouble. I broke myself in with the stock turbo and u would b surprised at well it will do if the truck is setup right. I really believe that setup is the key whether racing or sled pulling.

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
Alot of dodge guys use the super 40 in work stock. But like everyone else said prob not worth the trouble. I broke myself in with the stock turbo and u would b surprised at well it will do if the truck is setup right. I really believe that setup is the key whether racing or sled pulling.

I agree w/ setup being key. Need to get an SFI certified tranny blanket as well. Anybody know where to get one of those cheap?

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Don't get my wrong I think it would be cool to do... I have thought about putting a Holset on my truck before.. I built a setup for my car using an HE341 of a CR and it works amazingly well. Kinda made me want a Holset on the truck too :rofl:

But a lot of work...