Hummer H1 LLY Build

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Hopefully this week tear down of this hummer begins..

Taking out the pos detroit motor and dropping an lly in.

-got the harness modified for a stand alone application
-got motor mounts, which moves motor 2-3 inches forward from original location..

bench testing the motor before tear down...ill post as we go. Cant wait to see this thing go. Goes down the baja every year for the baja 1000

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 167

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
That ought to be a cool build. There is a guy in my town with an LLY powered h1 that is factory. I have always like that hummer. Good luck...

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
picture.php

Motor is mounted...needs plumbing..

picture.php
picture.php

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Nice start, here is an LBZ we wrapped up a bit ago. It was desert tan when it came into the shop. We put the ECM/TCM in the cab behind the cluster if your still looking for a good/dry spot.
7yjumuby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Nice start, here is an LBZ we wrapped up a bit ago. It was desert tan when it came into the shop. We put the ECM/TCM in the cab behind the cluster if your still looking for a good/dry spot.
7yjumuby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks Sweet!!! i think we are going to put the computers where the old injection module is located..but still not sure yet..

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
We got the hummer finally started for the first time with the LLY installed.....It started great after I disabled the anti theft...:D:D...Next is getting the interior back together and fixing the rear drive system..(sounds like bearings have worn out)...Motor has sat for four years and the worst balance rate I saw was a 2.00+/-..

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Thanks man!! No clearance issues what so ever...in fact, the motor mounts that we used actually moved the motor 2" forward from the original motors location....not sure if there is a body lift on it or not.....
A body lift is pretty much mandatory unless you are going to retain the 4l80e, which you didn't so... And there is no room for turbo either unless you remote mount it. We did ours with alpha engine mounts, and 2" body lift and have about 1" clearance from the turbo to the windshield frame.