HTT downpipe flange is oval

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I wasn't about to pay for a dipstick tube. So I cut my original tube down to about 4" and cut the stick accordingly. Modded the bracket and bolted it back up. I have to get under the truck to check the tranny fluid, but it's not like it gets checked that often so it doesn't bother me.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I wasn't about to pay for a dipstick tube. So I cut my original tube down to about 4" and cut the stick accordingly. Modded the bracket and bolted it back up. I have to get under the truck to check the tranny fluid, but it's not like it gets checked that often so it doesn't bother me.
How do you fill it?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Yeah I know the BD kit is nice. I put a BD turbo on my truck a while back (actually I was the first person to ever put one on an LLY, way back in feb 06) and I remember it being super nice and easy to fit. That was over 6 years ago, HTT seriously cant come up with something that nice for the same price???????? :mad:

Where is the best place to get just a BD downpipe/dipstick tube? If anyone could PM me or email me if they have one, I would like to get them ASAP.

thanks

Ben as far as a dipstick tube by one from Chevy for the 2011 truck and cut the tube with a tubing cutter. You need to cut about 61/4" off to use your OEM stick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Ben , we sold the kit and turbo and will stand behind it if there is a problem with the down pipe , i can have another down pipe out to you by tomorrow , I will send out one of the ones we make in house in our premium kits , just send the old one back .

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Ben , we sold the kit and turbo and will stand behind it if there is a problem with the down pipe , i can have another down pipe out to you by tomorrow , I will send out one of the ones we make in house in our premium kits , just send the old one back .

It's a shame there are not more shops with your mind set

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ben as far as a dipstick tube by one from Chevy for the 2011 truck and cut the tube with a tubing cutter. You need to cut about 61/4" off to use your OEM stick.

Actually, funny you should say that....I bought an 2011+ dipstick tube a looonngg time ago because even before the LML's first came out, I immediately noticed the driver side dipstick tube in those underhood spy photos that were floating around.

So as soon as LML parts first became available from GM, I bought one...I quickly tried it in a truck that didnt have an engine in it at the time, so I wasnt really sure about the final fitment...but it didnt look like it was going to be a direct swap, so I forgot about it, threw it in the corner, and never mentioned it/asked about it on the forum.

Ill dig it up from the junk pile and try it out again, after making the modifications you mentioned...thanks Shane!!

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island

:thumb: Wish more guys had this attitude as well.

Actually, funny you should say that....I bought an 2011+ dipstick tube a looonngg time ago because even before the LML's first came out, I immediately noticed the driver side dipstick tube in those underhood spy photos that were floating around.

So as soon as LML parts first became available from GM, I bought one...I quickly tried it in a truck that didnt have an engine in it at the time, so I wasnt really sure about the final fitment...but it didnt look like it was going to be a direct swap, so I forgot about it, threw it in the corner, and never mentioned it/asked about it on the forum.

Ill dig it up from the junk pile and try it out again, after making the modifications you mentioned...thanks Shane!!

Good info I need a DS dipstick guess I'll get an LML dipstick as well, thanks for sharing that info.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl

It works great on my truck. Fitment looks like it came from GM that way. It is a pain having to take the fuel lines on the tranny loose and working around that but it was worth the trouble.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio

Customer Service at its finest:thumb::thumb::thumb: WHy can't all shop be like this:)