How much power do I have?

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Considering I purchased the truck with all the banks stuff on it, I'm gonna keep it. I like the idea of the safeguards. At least until you enablers rape my wallet....

As far as trans goes, by "built" what are we talking? I have a friend with the same truck who gave $10k go allison for some kind of upgraded transmission. Ouch

Jakemax04

Jun 28, 2013
Considering I purchased the truck with all the banks stuff on it, I'm gonna keep it. I like the idea of the safeguards.

As far as trans goes, by "built" what are we talking? I have a friend with the same truck who gave $10k go allison for some kind of upgraded transmission. Ouch

Built meaning I installed a sun coast kit and triple disc converter. Now she can handle more power than money I can put into the motor. $10k wow he got ripped or he got one bad to the bone tranny. I paid less than 3 for my kit

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The Banks 6-Gun will put out 150 hp. It will trash Alli's on a regular basis. Can't tell you how many times I've heard my customers say " But they said it was safe ". Probelem is; your right foot is not safe.:roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Considering I purchased the truck with all the banks stuff on it, I'm gonna keep it. I like the idea of the safeguards. At least until you enablers rape my wallet....

:spit:

Yeah, the best safeguard you can get around here is one (or several) placed around your wallet, bank account, kids piggy banks and the internet, so you can't research and see videos of duramax trucks running the 1/4mi in less than 12 seconds

As far as what a "built" transmission means...it could mean allot of different things to allot of different people. Around here it usually means a transmission built by a performance diesel specific transmission builder or diesel performance shop, that was built utilizing a triple disc billet torque converter and special clutches/packs (ALTO red is popular) then you can also add billet stuff...replacement parts for the c2 & p2, input and output shafts etc but it all means being able to handle more than 150whp more than stock.

It all adds up and can get quite costly, typical build costs vary around 3500-5000 on the parts and install but can be done for more or sometimes less.

Like it was mentioned before, stick with your 6gun it's plenty powerful, be careful with it, transmissions aren't cheap and once it slips and goes into limp mode a couple times it's a short road til you're getting a built trans, trust me I know from experience, 150whp an a couple weeks of poor judgment is plenty enough to trash an alli, and I had the 6sp with a trans go jr installed

Last edited:

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Built meaning I installed a sun coast kit and triple disc converter. Now she can handle more power than money I can put into the motor. $10k wow he got ripped or he got one bad to the bone tranny. I paid less than 3 for my kit

I remember he waited a LOONNGG time to get the tranny. I think a few weeks/months at least. I'll have to ask him what he has done. The conversation about it took place a while ago so my 10k figure could be way off.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
starts with a banks 6 gun

then you'll get efi live

then you'll toast your first trans

you'll build the trans and get hotter tunes

then you'll start adding turbos and injectors

then the bottom end takes a shit

the same time you build the motor you have to refresh the trans

by this time you could have bought a house but its too late, you sell the truck for a stock one and start all over.

its a terrible cycle

oh i remember when a edge with attitude was all i thought id need......

now here i am built motor, built trans, twins, injectors, dual cp3s, ect ect ect ect.

i blame everyone here for this issue :D :rofl:
Never more truer words have been spoken;)

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I HATE ALL OF YOU!

Ive spent my down time at work looking at transmission stuff and lift kits.

As of right now, who is making a quality lift kit? (I searched, but im used to guns and flexing quality control standards)

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I like the skyjacker 3"
You don't have to cut the front diff
Easy enough to put on
Fit nice

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
All the lift out there are pretty good. Just look at the options and the one you like best. I like tuff country lifts they're pretty popular and hold up good.

TwinStick

Dec 10, 2013
Vancouver, WA
I HATE ALL OF YOU!

As of right now, who is making a quality lift kit? (I searched, but im used to guns and flexing quality control standards)

AWESOME! A guy asks his first question and within 2 pages he already hates on all of you!

Don't worry OP, I feel the same way. Buy a lift pump, downpipe, turbo horn, suncoast, injectors, twins, efi live, etc etc etc. Welcome and enjoy!!

(BTW, that was my first post here)

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I guess with the lift im looking for relatively east install, no crazy modifications to the truck itself like cutting etc. Also not looking to blow my funds away. I assume with 3" I'll have to extend the brake lines?

Do ya'll have a sticky or a FAQ thread for lifts? I couldnt find anything on search. Then again on my phone my search options are limited.

Again, you all suck. I must be the fastest convert you've ever had.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
There's tons of info, have you tried using the advanced search option?

Don't worry about the hate, just harness it and let it drive you, hold it deep down and never let it go, I hate everyone here as well and hope they all choke on 6.0L soot on the way to work this morning...:roflmao:

Actually, this place is great, the peeps here are one of a kind and a great bunch, just know in every bunch of banana's there one that's not quite ripe, one that gets too ripe, a long one and a short one and one really fat one, they are all bananas and taste similar, but they are all different even though they all would make a banana split....

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Also gonna add, this truck isnt a racing or 1/4 truck. Im strictly daily driving it, and I plan to use it as a truck. I'll be pulling a Uhaul from MD to CO next year so I still need to be able to tow. Cant go too too crazy. I have 33" tires right now and I dont plan to go any bigger if at all until theyre shot.

I cant do advanced search on this iphone. Or maybe I just havent found it. The new IOS update SUCKS BALLS. Stand by Ill take a gander!

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
When you click on the search tile and it opens up, at the bottom of that tile there is the words

"Advanced search"

In blue, click on that.:thumb:

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
There's tons of info, have you tried using the advanced search option?

Don't worry about the hate, just harness it and let it drive you, hold it deep down and never let it go, I hate everyone here as well and hope they all choke on 6.0L soot on the way to work this morning...:roflmao:

Actually, this place is great, the peeps here are one of a kind and a great bunch, just know in every bunch of banana's there one that's not quite ripe, one that gets too ripe, a long one and a short one and one really fat one, they are all bananas and taste similar, but they are all different even though they all would make a banana split....
Well Spoken :thumb: I just sit here at the desk and read and read more, get a few chuckles and learn a lot by asking the questions no one will ask. Lots of good people here(Just ripe)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I HATE ALL OF YOU!

I like the lift kits that don't drop the torsion bars down. I think there are a few different companies that build them like that now. I know Cognito and BDS both do, but I think there is someone else I can't remember.