How many miles on your Mike L trans?

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Bring your little ass down here and we'll git her done.

:)

That drive isn't too bad, I have done it in around 18 hours... it's the shortage of funding stopping me :( All funds are being directed towards the last few (yet expensive) parts I need for my car..... someday though :thumb:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Soon to be 0 miles on my 1st : Mike L. Transmission

The last trip to Glamis Dunes on New Years was the end for my trans .

Limping 3-4 with a big slip and leaking seriously out the front seal .

Not to suprised ...... The word LIFT isn't in my volcabulary . :roflmao:

Kodiak will soon be rolling with a Mike L. Transmission . :thumb:

bean

Feb 5, 2011
Norwalk
Just wishing I had a Mike L trans and could participate in this thread :eek: :(

So do I :( if everything goes well I hope to be seeing mikes pretty face before july! but this is great info to know, i had all kinds of questions that just got answered!

turbojamie

Dec 7, 2009
15K (Canadian) after building myself, couple small things I feel are A50 controller related other than that lovin it~

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
I've got about 10k on mine I bought from mmlmm and I think he said it had 2500 or so then..

This thing shifts like a stocker at 600h.p..

Hell I had a shop **** up a complete tranny swap ended up gavin to do it myself!.. what a f'n mess that was

Overall.. couldn't be more happier:D

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
ZERO miles on a Mike L. built tranny, but Mike gave a LOT of input on the builds (Eric Merchant did the first and Matt at Champion Transmission did the second) and is the reason I have run 2 Mike L. coolers (accident took the first one out) and his snake oiler....

And I have nothing but good to say about my rebuilt Mike L. converter. I originally was supposed to run a 1057 SunCoast but Eric was out, so I opted for the Mike L. converter and am glad I did. I don't run much power anymore, but it locks solid each and every time...

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
57K I think on mine.

I had a selector shaft seal leak got that fixed and changed the fluid once and changed the spin on every other oil change.

Has been flawless

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
57K I think on mine.

I had a selector shaft seal leak got that fixed and changed the fluid once and changed the spin on every other oil change.

Has been flawless

Didn't we have a sticky valve in yours Kevin?

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
You might be thinking of mine Mike.

The valve in the pump housing had the button in the end pop out and jam sideways.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
My 11,000lb 8.1 gasser work truck, it has over 100,000 miles and not a hint of a trouble.

The Diesel has 80,000 miles and still flawless. I am fortunate to have had the work done by the "sheep herder". :thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You might be thinking of mine Mike.

The valve in the pump housing had the button in the end pop out and jam sideways.

You're right. That was the first one I had seen do that. After you there were more.:( I make my own now.:D

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
No, maybe a little bump when the trans is cold and I am coming to a light or stop sign. The 3 to 4 shift gets harsh when you nail it if you don't beat on it constantly but I think that is the TCM's fault