How many hours does your Duramax have?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
cd9739aa.jpg
Assuming the truck was manufactured exactly 7 years ago, that means it ran 11.02 hours per day, every day, since it was new. Or, if it only ran weekdays, that is 15.4 hours per day.

Or, based on what other people seem to have happen, I'd guess it glitched out?

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
Ya I'm pretty sure it isn't correct, I got my gauge cluster replaced a few years ago for a faulty voltage gauge and something probably happened. But the first 2 years of this things life was on a farm, so the hours should be pretty high anyway. Still funny to think about.

UPS DRVR

BROWN TRUCK DRIVER
Apr 13, 2008
Saegertown, PA
2003 Chevy the gauge cluster was changed before I got the truck. But the truck shows 5,687.3 hrs and 162,632 mi. I don't know if they reset the hr meter when they changed the cluster or not.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I have a hard time believing high hours on trucks older than 4 years...

You pull the pass battery and it resets the hour meter, so...that would mean some guys are going on 6-7 years with factory batteries???

Triple L

Lots of learning
Dec 4, 2009
Kitchener, ON
I have a hard time believing high hours on trucks older than 4 years...

You pull the pass battery and it resets the hour meter, so...that would mean some guys are going on 6-7 years with factory batteries???

Are you sure... I've had both my batteries out and my hour meter isnt reset....

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
I'm on dual interstates less than 2 years old and my hourmeter DEFINITELY didn't reset. Both batteries were out at the same time for what it's worth.

Triple L

Lots of learning
Dec 4, 2009
Kitchener, ON
I'm on dual interstates less than 2 years old and my hourmeter DEFINITELY didn't reset. Both batteries were out at the same time for what it's worth.

So how do you get so many hours on your truck?

How many times has it been rebuilt?

Thats crazy

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You pull the pass battery and it resets the hour meter
This isn't always the case. I had both batteries out when installing some Optimas, then 2 years later they crapped out and I put in generics, then I had a short circuit drain those batteries down to 3 volts (they somehow survived, go cheap AutoZone batteries!). After all that, my hour meter didn't reset once.

Heck, the time it drained down to 3 volts it sat for 2 days with no batteries in it at all while I trickle charged them back to life.