Allison 6sp: How bad is it

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
All of it but the couple inches I needed to connect them. Think that would be enough to cause an issue?

Curt like the link shows a few in will not be twisted.

Inspect that the speed sensor wiring consists of twisted pairs at the rate of 12-16 twists per 300 mm (12 in). These twists must extend the entire length of the wiring harness to within at least 50 mm (2 in) of the speed sensor connector.

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Curt like the link shows a few in will not be twisted.

Inspect that the speed sensor wiring consists of twisted pairs at the rate of 12-16 twists per 300 mm (12 in). These twists must extend the entire length of the wiring harness to within at least 50 mm (2 in) of the speed sensor connector.

It's definitely twisted. I had the whole harness out of the loom to inspect it and that pair of wires was twisted the whole way, except the couple in where I connected it. Like I said I don't have a speed sensor code anymore but I still have the loss of communication with the tcm.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
It's hard to say without a diagram in front of me but considering this happened after the harness was damaged, I have to imagine there is a short some where in your class 2 serial data line. Can you communicate with any other modules besides the ECM?

black07

Oct 8, 2011
Pa
I had a problem like this at the beginning of the year after having te transfer case out if the truck for a little while. Triple check every wire and connection. I ended up unplugging everything and cleaning all connectors and cleaned Grounds and it worked.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
the data link will run on a specific pair of wires, does anyone have a pin out of the connectors? you could just make jumper wires, to bypass the factory harness, and if it talks you know the wiring is bad.