Hood stack exhaust support brace.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I'm gonna be running a hood stack for exhaust with the new motor build. I heard some or most people use the passengerside stock valve covers to support the exhaust tubing for it. I am gonna have the socal billet valve covers and was wondering if there is another spot that can be used? What have you guys seen or heard of guys doing when running valve covers like the ones I'm gonna be using? Appreciate the help and knowledge on this forum as always.

Thanks Russ

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
One thought I had Russ

I think you deleted the passenger battery tray. Would there be an option for that?

But then the exhaust would be rigid to the body. Probably not a good idea now that I thought of that. Lol

Reactions: shakenfake

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
One thought I had Russ

I think you deleted the passenger battery tray. Would there be an option for that?

But then the exhaust would be rigid to the body. Probably not a good idea now that I thought of that. Lol
This is kind of what I was thinking too but the solution to that is put it on a joint methinks. IDK, not a fab guy, more like certified jerry rigger.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm not sure I would try securing the exhaust to the body. There is a lot of movement between a motor and cab especially on a high power truck. I would be worried it tearing up either the body where it is attached or the exhaust.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I'm not sure I would try securing the exhaust to the body. There is a lot of movement between a motor and cab especially on a high power truck. I would be worried it tearing up either the body where it is attached or the exhaust.
Agreed. The more I thought the less of a good idea it sounded like. 😂