Info: Hino straight truck help

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section or if there's anyone on here that can give me some info but figured it's worth a shot. We have a 2008 Hino truck in our shop that's been having issues with the dpr system. Has gave us plenty of fits over the years if you don't let it regen properly or if one of the drivers shuts if off while its in the process. Anyhow, I was explaining to my boss how most people just do deletes on duramax trucks and such and just retune them as if the system wasn't there. But my question is, does anyone know if there is tuning out there for these trucks to solve the problem? I'm afraid that it is probably clogged up and we were quoted over $5k for the new system. I figured if there was an option to delete it and retune that would save lots of money in the long run. Ive done a lot of searching and haven't been able to find much info, so if someone could chime in I'd sure appreciate it!

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
If the driver of the vehicle is ignoring the after treatments request to regen , or if it keeps getting shut off before it can successfully complete the regen , then it gets to the point where the system will put its self into limp mode and you will no longer be able to do it with a button inside of the cab you will have to hook a diagnostic link to the truck and force a high idle parked regen, if the DPF filter's are clogged, damaged or ash accumulation is at 100%, they will have to be changed or cleaned, be carful deleting everything it is a huge fine if caught on commercial equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
^^^ Exactly what our shop has to do with a DPF-equipped truck. ^^^ and I was told the exact same thing from my mechanics when I asked if I could help my 6.7 Cummins "lose some unnecessary weight" ;) a few years ago....hence why I've been back in a gasser for 4 years.

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
If the driver of the vehicle is ignoring the after treatments request to regen , or if it keeps getting shut off before it can successfully complete the regen , then it gets to the point where the system will put its self into limp mode and you will no longer be able to do it with a button inside of the cab you will have to hook a diagnostic link to the truck and force a high idle parked regen, if the DPF filter's are clogged, damaged or ash accumulation is at 100%, they will have to be changed or cleaned, be carful deleting everything it is a huge fine if caught on commercial equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you're completely right. That's what I've learned since we have had this truck. We have had it towed to the Hino dealership once because it went into limp mode and they did a force regen on it and sent it back to us. I tried to use the button in the cab to manually do it with no success. Shut it off and left it alone for awhile and went back and boom I got it to work. It went on to regen for probably an hour. Next day, went to drive it and the dpr bars are back to almost full and loss of power.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Might have an issue with it being a commercial rig but then again most of the loggers around where I live run deleted trucks and they're all newer.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
I actually cut the dpf off and ran a straight pipe. Around $5k for a new one from the dealer. Seems to run a lot better now. Just a small loss of power but no more dealing with the stupid thing.