Question: hids

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
keep in mind, there is a huge difference between stuffing a plug-and-play HID kit into a crappy "projector headlight" you bought off ebay, and doing a bi-xenon projector retrofit into a stock headlight housing.

If you want HID's, real bi-xenon projectors are the way to go. It takes a day of work and some custom modifications, but the light output/even distribution/lack of hot-spots and sharp cutoff that a true bi-xenon HID projector craps all over anything else out there. Not to mention, its the only correct way to do HID's and not piss off everyone else who passes you on the road.

ben

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I saw that write up, damn good job! Wanna do mine?:hug: I have been looking at a couple replacement housings... not sure about them though.

Thanks for the comments :) And definitely listen to Ben ^^ He knows his stuff. In regards to to buying any replacement housings, I have yet to see direct replacement projector housings for our pickups that are designed for HID's. However it looks like the projector retrofits would be close enough to being 'bolt on' for our headlights as there is enough room to install the retrofit without cutting the reflector.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I have a set of those EBAY housings that were meant for H1 bulbs instead of the stock 9006's, and they work REALLY good with HID's(sucked with halogens). I know they aren't perfect, but they are heck of a sight better than slapping in a set of HID's into a regular halogen housing. I may have lucked out, but when I pulled mine apart to put the retro kits in(had to grind the housings some to clear the bulb capsules), they were built very well inside with a nice sharp cutoff in them. And putting in the retro solutions digital kits made a huge difference in the light output over my old tenon kits.

That1028guy

Feb 23, 2013
St.Louis Mo
Yeah, I got pretty lucky with my accord headlights, they were built for HID's, but the aftermarket for ricers is alot bigger than it is for our trucks.

GRNASTY

Feb 17, 2013
my lil bro put Xeznon ? night vision hid's in his tahoe headlights an foglights ... too bright for me . He said they are 10k on some Kelvin light scale

6BAB45EF-91B0-4D7F-924B-D00A17ABFDD6-3188-00000397B03D9E17_zps5cc14bb3.jpg

Last edited: