Hey you'll how many mile are to many?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So we've gone from "Is it worth it to repair it?" to "It makes sense to repair it." to "To heck with it, Im selling it" all within 3 hours. You change your mind more than my wife does. :roflmao:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
And I thought I was indecisive :spit:

I'd throw injectors in and enjoy it. I have 325k miles on mine now with no signs of slowing down. If the interior is in good shape, why get rid of a good truck? You're just going to spend more to get another, and it won't necessarily be better in any meaningful way.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Rivera.alan

Jun 22, 2014
Orange County CA

I'd throw injectors in and enjoy it. I have 325k miles on mine now with no signs of slowing down. If the interior is in good shape, why get rid of a good truck? You're just going to spend more to get another, and it won't necessarily be better in any meaningful way.

X2

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

x3

Dave, you've been on a roll lately of "telling it like it is". :thumb:

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Once you break 300K it’s really up to you on what is worth it. If it were me I would do it but that’s me imagining a decent truck for it’s age. But Bac is right these things can get hammered and keep on ticking. My friend put new injectors on his LB7 at 305K but he bought it with bad injectors knowingly and the price was $4k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
My shop truck is 01 with 285k on the clock. Ran 12.93 last spring. Drives and runs like a champ. But cancer is getting the body. Owning a shop showed me miles don't mean crap if not maintained and took in care of.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I have a 01 LB7 also that has 302k on the clock and is around 645rwhp, compression still looks great, doesn't burn a drop of oil, and gets 21.5 mpg hand calc on the hwy. A little proper maintenance goes a long ways on these trucks. We buy all used Duramaxs out here for the ranch, I check a few things before we buy one obviously but we've never been scared to buy a used 150k+ duramax and they have all treated us well.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
okay, here it is, tomorrow i will list it as rust free truck with 1/3 million miles in perfect condition for $9000. Drive it where ever you are with confidence. I just drove it 2000 mile round trip to Estes Park and back pulling my 21 foot trailer and it never knew it was back there.

I've decided I'm going to do it, maybe I can be the first 500k man. Just can't not do it!

So you're keeping it? Or just for today? Or right now?:roflmao:

Don't be scared of miles on these things, look around on the forum at peoples tags next to their name a few guys have 4,5,6,700k on their truck,

Thats one of the reasons I bought my truck, I get attached to my trucks and don't like getting rid of them, but wanted something that would last, I bought my truck with 95k on it has 145k now and worst thing I've had to replace was head gaskets, which is like injectors for the lb7, calculated risk, the rest was small stuff or leaks, and lots of money in the self inflicted area haha

Last edited:

bigwhitedd

Mar 6, 2017
I put Injectors in mine at 316k . Got them from Lincoln. Mines in great shape, no rust. Paid 3k for it with known injector issues. No one around here would pay 9k for one with bad injectors. Just my 2 cents tho.good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bigwhitedd

Mar 6, 2017
Can't say I'd invest in sacs and a tune tho. Stock remans from Lincoln was 1600$ iirc.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I put Injectors in mine at 316k . Got them from Lincoln. Mines in great shape, no rust. Paid 3k for it with known injector issues. No one around here would pay 9k for one with bad injectors. Just my 2 cents tho.good luck.

My friend did the same exact thing like literally the mileage and everything and that’s his farm truck too and she still pulls big loads of hay like a champ. I detailed his truck like a good clay bar buff and wax and compounding and had that thing shining like a penny and I bet he could have flipped it for twice what he paid for it at that point.
I’ve drove it a couple time and with it’s old Diablo tune it would blow the tires off and click through the gears good.

OP my honest advice to you to cure any paranoia you may have is service both axles and your trans and engine and get sample kits and send them in. And if that doesn’t do it for you then with your mileage you could do a compression test on the engine to see how strong it is. Personally I think you’re fine but I understand the feeling of a gamble after buying my Rebuilt title LLY. It had only 130K but it was still a totaled truck at one point and so I took it to a reputable body shop and left it there all day and they checked the frame for warping and cracks and took it and got aligned and it was perfect. Before you make a decision try answering your concerns with basic steps...

Sorry for the long post Gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk