Hey you'll how many mile are to many?

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
New here, have an 02 with what appears to be 320K plus miles. Bastard runs great but needs injectors, new to diesel world so stupid me did all the other stuff (brakes, steering, camper, mirrors,etc...) before doing carfax. Someone had changed out the instrument cluster so I thought I had 180K. Truck is nice! But 320K+!. Is it worth doing injectors? How many miles can an LB7 go? Couldn't part this truck out, it's to nice. If I tried to sell it I would be honest and doubt I would get half my money back.What should I do? What is the life of LB7? Read they could do 500K? This may be the one, looks like it's been taken care of. Is there a post on how long an LB7 has run?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved this over into the LB7 section. They'll run as many miles as you take care of them. If the truck is that nice, OF COURSE its worth replacing the injectors.

What happened to your 03?

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
Never wa 03. I think James corrected me. Anyway nice truck that I doubt I could get 5K for but have 12K into. Another 4K for injectors seem like I'm going down hill!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You know....its completely up to you. The truck isnt worth much with bad injectors except to part.

These arent gasoline engines. Guys have drag raced and sledpulled LB7s with that many miles and havent killed them.

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
Sorry if something I said came off wrong, I'm new here and just needed some advice. I can't imagine this truck going to the wrecking yard, but the shop quoted me $5800 for new injectors, I think I can do it myself for around 2K but is it worth it?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Like Tom said, it'll run as long as you want it to. Maybe do a compression check to put your mind at ease about the condition of the engine? I'd do injectors.

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
And I guess I answered my own question, I will be getting the sac injectors, doing all the cups ( the shop I took it to said one was a problem (but they would only do the ones that came loose) and hope for the best. This is the most powerful towing truck I have ever owned. Thanks for all yr help and future help i will most definitely need.

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
And I will definitely do a compression check before I proceed. other than that I think this engine is good to go, no leaks, no knocks, just feels good (like my old 2F Landcrusier)
but with 20+ the power. Incredible!

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
if you like it, keep it, fix it, its cheaper than buying a new one imo, especially if you own it outright

there's a few guys on here that have a crazy amount of miles on them.

also theres a vendor on here, Lincoln Diesel Specialties, super great customer service, they can get you fixed up with all the injector stuff you need.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168

especially if the body/frame are good.
seeing your in the south west USA should have min rust.

between compression test and blowby while at operating temp would give you a good idea of engine condition..

I would not have a problem buying a truck with 300k+ on it for basic duty stuff

Diesel Joe

Nov 10, 2017
Wickenburg AZ
okay, here it is, tomorrow i will list it as rust free truck with 1/3 million miles in perfect condition for $9000. Drive it where ever you are with confidence. I just drove it 2000 mile round trip to Estes Park and back pulling my 21 foot trailer and it never knew it was back there.