LB7: Help

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
welcome to the site :hello: . Im not sure if there are any efi tuners local to you , but if you do they could put a small tow tune in for you with a fee of course

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
well technically yes they could , but be carefull who you let tune your truck . Pat (Mcrat) has a thread with instructions on how to do a small tow tune , iirc its a 20/ 20 tow tune or something like that . the other things I would recommend is a Superdiesel moded intake horn and a PPE boost valve both are good for more boost IMO . be careful with these mods the POWER becomes addicting lol

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
:hello: & :welcome5:

I am sure we have some members in the Oklahoma area maybe they will chime in.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I would reccomend something a little different. EFILive is great but if you dont have it and a laptop and something goes wrong on a trip you can not flash it back to stock. For people like you I reccomend a flash tuner that you can easily keep in the truck at all times to return things to stock if needed.

We have an awesome vendor here I use for buy these.

I have this one myself and leave it in the 02 even though I use EFI to tune. Checking and clearing codes with it is very easy. For the money hard to beat.
http://www.alligatorperformance.com/product_info.php?products_id=1637

Another good one
http://www.alligatorperformance.com/product_info.php?products_id=2901

I dont like add on modules like the edge and Banks. They work but the select on the fly stuff is hard on trannies.

Welcome by the way!:hello:

Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Welcome! Thanks for the PM! As stated above a boost valve for your LB7 would be excellent. A PPE handheld tuner would be great for you - its widely recognized as the be st besides EFI Live.

More in a PM. Thanks and welcome!!!

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
as stated above stay away from "chips" like edge and banks . I had an edge and wish I had just gone straight to efi . the edge was almost the same money as efi with nowhere near the capability as efi

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
New Duramax owner, dont have a lap top and cant afford EFIlive, what can I do to help with towing my 34' camper that wont kill MPG?

A free flowing exhaust is worth a little power and ~2mpg gain. If power is what you after PPE tunes are very smooth from 90hp to 350hp.

FF34PIP

Jun 19, 2009
Pryor, Oklahoma
The truck does have an after market exhaust, not sure what brand though. Im sure glad my wife found this forum, I was about to send my ECM to have it programed with the duramileage program. Thanks to all for the welcoms and the advise.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Do what I did couldnt efford EFI live right off so I got on ebay and got a great deal on a PPE standard tuner worked great very simple plug and play tunes then I saved my money sold the PPE to a freind and took that money and a little more and bought EFI Live and a laptop

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
It is a lift pump you hook up to your fuel lines and it pumps more fuel to your engine I know it sounds crazy but you get a little better fuel mileage and when you go up hills your engine will run stronger because it aint having to gap for fuel and it really helps on hotter tunes because you aint draining your fuel rail