Question: Help with a Tech2

lobocharlie

Apr 10, 2011
Albuquerque
I was looking in to buying a Tech2 for troubleshooting and the GM factory flashing capabilities and when doing the research I found a huge price disparity. Why is the range so big from $399.00-$3000.00.
What should be a realistic price?
Any recommendation on the various vendors on the net?
Is it worth it to purchase?
I have an old Snap on MT2500 which is very limited features now.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
you can get the real thing for $2500-3000 or the cheap knock offs made in China. I don't know about the knock offs, I bouught a replacement candi module that was a knock off and it looked exactly the same and seems to work fine.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
its actually getting harder to find REAL tech 2's on ebay because the market is flooded with chinese knockoffs.

Ive never used a knockoff, but I have heard that they are sometimes unreliable and will lock up if you try to update with them with TIS2WEB.

That being said, my CANdi module is a $120 chinese knockoff and it works fine.

My Tech 2 is a legit SPX/OTC made in USA unit though. Im not sure if I would take a chance on chinese crap with something big like a Tech 2, but for the smaller accessories (like a CANdi module) it cant really hurt.

ben

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
You will probably end up spending at least $2000. Do not by a knock off unless you like throwing your money away lol