Help! Suggestions please

2THEMAX

2005chevDmax
Nov 3, 2013
Spearfish, SD
Looking to get a turbo for my 2010 lmm Duramax just want some input on what you guys would run for a single turbo. It will be a drag pickup in the near future is going in for trans build in a month so that will be out of the way and will be doing head studs and main studs when turbo goes on and possibly injectors thinking 60% overs but if you have info or suggestions on that I would be more than happy to learn some more about it all.

2THEMAX

2005chevDmax
Nov 3, 2013
Spearfish, SD
Strip and main studs just cause one less thing to do later on when I start on all the internals, I could pry hold off on them but I have them in the garage so just figured I'd put them in as well

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Strip and main studs just cause one less thing to do later on when I start on all the internals, I could pry hold off on them but I have them in the garage so just figured I'd put them in as well

You do realize you have to tear the motor out for main studs and take the upper oil pan off?... I would do 100% overs and dual pumps on as the next step. That will get you enough fuel to blow your stock motor to pieces when you want to, or maybe sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2THEMAX

2005chevDmax
Nov 3, 2013
Spearfish, SD
Yeah I realized that but that's why I posted on here to get kind of an idea of what I should do. What turbo, injector size, brands of stuff, turbo size all that stuff this will be my first build so Id like to do it right and I know everyone on here is pretty good with helping each other out so just looking for some of that help and hopefully learn some more stuff on the way

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Skip the main studs... Not only do you need to remove the engine to install them but more importantly you will need to have the block line honed after the stud install. You will need to get into the bottom end soon enough to change a broken piston or a bent rod:D So do your studs when you build the bottom end.

If you want to keep a VVT charger I think marks stg2r turbos are the only ones working on the LMM's currently? LMM seems to have a serious attitude with 4094's and up VVT's without Marks fancy vanes.

Personally I would work on getting it to go down the track nice and straight and then up-grade the power from there. Lift pump, Tune, built trans, and stock everything else can get you in the mid 500's with a healthy fuel system.

What are some goals for the truck? HP? 1/4 times? etc... That can help decide on parts.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Marks 68mm stg2r is what I'm running and I love it. I had a 3794 and my truck didn't like it. Mark has a 72mm stg2r for twin applications if your looking to go that route. Harbin is running it. Just the charger and trans got
Me to 630hp on stock fuel. All depends on hp goal.

2THEMAX

2005chevDmax
Nov 3, 2013
Spearfish, SD
Id like to be in the 700hp range, I have a lift pump, efi live, built trans will be going in at the end of the month, then I'm getting the tunes changed from trans safe tunes to more wild. Id also like to do different injectors along the way, but maybe I should wait on those as well and just save for when it needs the internals done?
Lift pump is a fass 150 by the way, I'm not sure if that will be enough fuel for 650+, or maybe it is?

2THEMAX

2005chevDmax
Nov 3, 2013
Spearfish, SD
1053 suncoast I was thinking for converter 2400 stall and not completely set on a single turbo kind of wanting some input on that as well

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
If you want to keep a VVT charger I think marks stg2r turbos are the only ones working on the LMM's currently?
Nah, you're thinking of LML's. Anything that works on LBZ's will work on LMM's, ex. Cheetahs, Stg2R's, 4094's, etc.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Nah, you're thinking of LML's. Anything that works on LBZ's will work on LMM's, ex. Cheetahs, Stg2R's, 4094's, etc.

Negative. LMMs were the ones throwing a fit over the 4094 based turbo. Overboost if I recall correctly

LMLs don't have all the tables mapped out to get them to act right.

EDIT Some LMMs Underboost code P0299

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
They were throwing an underboost code because of a slightly slower spool up, but the quick reacting stg 2R from Mark is not supposed to have any of those problems.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
They were throwing an underboost code because of a slightly slower spool up, but the quick reacting stg 2R from Mark is not supposed to have any of those problems.

I'm pretty sure that's what he had on his truck when he took me for a ride. It was nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk