Help?! Popping out of gear/or t case banging out when launching?

Hey everyone,
First time at the track this season, and my truck is at it again. Seems to only happen when I launch it hard; i load it up, go to leave on the light and it bangs, looses all boost, then picks itself up and goes again. Tcase??? Anyone have any ideas? I think the t case is the only thing that hasnt been modded on this truck.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I'm by no means an expert, (I'm still learning about the complicated workings of the dmax and the world of racing :D ), but I don't see how the Tcase would cause a loss in boost. You sure it's not losing rail pressure when you punch the skinny to the floor? Maybe a trans or converter issue? I'm assuming no codes are showing.

I'm might be way off, but I'm subbing for an newer myself.

The more I can learn, the more I can help myself and others

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
Still comprehending albeit wouldn't the loss of load produce the loss in boost since the boost pressure level is driven by the amount of flow resistance? I have never driven a Chevy with a Duramax so I am not sure if you have a stick to manually shift into and out of 4 wheel but does the sound/thud come from under either seat that you can tell?

Is your truck a stick shift?

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
If its the LB7 it could be the waste gate opening and letting the excess pressure out. That would would be the bang and cause it to fall on its face.

If its the LLY and has aftermarket turbo with waste gate you could get the same results. Stock turbo, is the bang under the cab or bed. It could be the rear diff locker not working correctly.