Help. Oil change and now a loud knock

Jagermyster

Jan 18, 2017
I have a 2011 lml and i did another oil change with amsoil 15-40 and the amsoil filter and right after it started knocking farely loud. Im not sure if this is the typewriter tick or not. Here is the video i took a few days ago.https://youtu.be/CdXe7jHMkXs

Jagermyster

Jan 18, 2017
37000 km and its got efi live, cold air, fass lift pump, 4 inch straight pipe, dpf/egr full delete

DU102

Nov 8, 2016
Any chance in the oil pressure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
My typewriter is very noticeable and never goes away. Hard to tell on the video but that would be my guess.. Im going to try rotella instead of delo for my next oil change and see if I get any change. Some people have found certain oil/filter combinations worked better to help with the noise.

Jagermyster

Jan 18, 2017
Ya this is the loudest its ever been. I take care of the truck religiously, oil changes every 5000 km with amsoil everytime. This made me crap my pants when i heard it.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Mine randomly started one day after an oil change and never went away. That was about 10-15k miles ago and i've always used the same oil/filter.

Jagermyster

Jan 18, 2017
Ya iv always used amsoil but this time its just alot louder. I dont understand with these motors sometimes

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Ya iv always used amsoil but this time its just alot louder. I dont understand with these motors sometimes
Try running a oil additive like Lucas they make a good additive that's synthetic I run amsoil too with one and it does wonders however that seems a lot louder then it should be. I'd be watching your oil pressure like a hawk and all the other gauges of course.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
That sounds about like my brothers did one time a few months ago.. An L5p though.. And mine has sounded just about like that a time or two already.. Sounds to me like it might be the typewriter but just a severe case of it..

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Had a gasser come in one day. Guy couldn't get ride of the tapping noise. He always ran valvoline. It's big here in Texas. We put pensoil in it. Tap went away. It's weird how some motors just like different oils. I'm a big fan of delo and t6. Yours does sound like valve train noise to me. Not a rod