Help me troubleshoot...

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
Alright update time.. I found out my MAF wiring was ohming out wrong to the main connector top drivers side of the engine. 3 of the 5 wire ohmed out to the same 8 pins pon my truck, I compared it to another lbz that ohmed out 5,2, and 6 pins repsectively.
I pulled the harness to check for faults, or breaks and found nothing. With the harness out chasing the wires plug to plug they all ohmed out with nothing obviously wrong. I reinstalled the harness and now I had a no start situation, when I ground out the TCM it will run but rough and shifts into gear hard.
So obviously the TCM is toast, but could a bad TCM create the issues i had with my MAF previously?

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
My stock over 75mm twins were beautifully responsive even at altitude.....had a 75mm Garrett with smaller 82mm/tighter T4 turbine. I think the problem is your atmosphere turbo......T6, 88mm, 1.32, that's what the model number says it is....the turbine is too big and won't spool.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Alright update time.. I found out my MAF wiring was ohming out wrong to the main connector top drivers side of the engine. 3 of the 5 wire ohmed out to the same 8 pins pon my truck, I compared it to another lbz that ohmed out 5,2, and 6 pins repsectively.
I pulled the harness to check for faults, or breaks and found nothing. With the harness out chasing the wires plug to plug they all ohmed out with nothing obviously wrong. I reinstalled the harness and now I had a no start situation, when I ground out the TCM it will run but rough and shifts into gear hard.
So obviously the TCM is toast, but could a bad TCM create the issues i had with my MAF previously?

I don't think it would. I would say it's a hard part problem somewhere (leak, exhaust, to loose of turbo) because if it was the maf reading low then it shouldn't be smoking, and instead should be holding back fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
I don't think it would. I would say it's a hard part problem somewhere (leak, exhaust, to loose of turbo) because if it was the maf reading low then it shouldn't be smoking, and instead should be holding back fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has no boost leaks and I sorta think that I would have found it by now.
It smokes like a train and there's no soot built up anywhere like a leaky uppipe or hot pipe.
I just can't think of anything else that's could be wrong that's a hard part......

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
My stock over 75mm twins were beautifully responsive even at altitude.....had a 75mm Garrett with smaller 82mm/tighter T4 turbine. I think the problem is your atmosphere turbo......T6, 88mm, 1.32, that's what the model number says it is....the turbine is too big and won't spool.
Hmm I thought I got the average one thst most people use in twins but I may be wrong....

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
Got it! Bad wiring block, aka fuseblock.
Replaced it. Maf had good voltage, reference, and ground.
Continuity was correct to the main harness connector and after reflashing the first tune I got it ran right.
Just working through a over boost and egr code now but should be taken care of. The truck is finally fun to drive again!