LMM: Help boost issues

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I was joking that it was overoiled. You should do a log and include your maf readings along with boost, timing, injection, etc. But def check for leaks. It's super easy if you have a compressor.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Haha, well I forgot to plug mine back in after some work and it behaved like you describe.

I also had a small leak on the boot to y bridge (I have hsp 2 piece y bridge) it was audiable though. I made a plug to fit hot side intercooler tube with air fitting and pumped her up. Find a leak real fast.

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
Haha, well I forgot to plug mine back in after some work and it behaved like you describe.

I also had a small leak on the boot to y bridge (I have hsp 2 piece y bridge) it was audiable though. I made a plug to fit hot side intercooler tube with air fitting and pumped her up. Find a leak real fast.

That's where I am with this whole thing

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
So the 0 ring in the plastic intercooler piping was missing replaced it still nothing changed. Checked for boost leaks nothing's leaking. Vane positions was reading 65% at wot

Last edited:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Yes, you need to get the intake air temp figured out first, -40 means it's either unplugged or broken sensor. That's the place to start with it.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
our summer lately has been a constant heat index over 100... where is this -40 you speak of, oh Great One? LOL

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
I ran the truck at the track last night with some friends 2wd no boost and managed 105mph. Happy with that. But at this point I'm gonna delete the egr and do a 1 piece y bridge to help slow some air