Help! Ac and dual cp3 housing has large amount of play

Devil_Z

Aug 3, 2015
I went WOT in the truck today and shredded a belt which also sliced open my radiator hose. Easy fix. I decided to investigate and figure out why my belt suddenly decided to be naughty. I started wiggling pullies to see if any had play. Yanked on the cp3 pulley and the entire pump. Ac pulley, and the two pulleys underneath all moved. Wiggling back and forth yields maybe a half inch of play and it can also be lifted up to some degree. I'm assuming a bolt backed out causing this. I'll upload a video as soon as photo bucket stops acting dumb. I couldn't tell where this missing bolt would go looking from the outside in.

I could use some help asap! Figuring out where this hardware goes and what it is so I can go buy one and get this fixed.

Brett

Devil_Z

Aug 3, 2015
Here's the video. My buddy thought the tourniquet I applied to the radiator hose was pretty damn funny

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
The accessory bracket that those all bolt to is bolted to the block/heads with a few studs and bolts. Sounds like all they all backed out somehow.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I have had a similar problem in the past . Turned out to be what Mike is describing . Bolts had backed out . I lock tighted it all back in place . It was fine after that .

Devil_Z

Aug 3, 2015
Alright. I had to abandon my truck a few miles from my house in a parking lot haha.

Can they get reach without pulling out stuff? I'm trying to get an idea of everything I need to do so I don't have to make trips back and forth.

I would also guess one of the bolts completely backed out with how much play there is. Any idea what size they are?

I'm trying to do some research. Hopefully I'll find the answers soon. Cheers.
Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

I must be googling the wrong stuff because I haven't found any relevant information other than what has been stated here.

Last edited:

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Alright. I had to abandon my truck a few miles from my house in a parking lot haha.

Can they get reach without pulling out stuff? I'm trying to get an idea of everything I need to do so I don't have to make trips back and forth.

I would also guess one of the bolts completely backed out with how much play there is. Any idea what size they are?

I'm trying to do some research. Hopefully I'll find the answers soon. Cheers.
Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

I must be googling the wrong stuff because I haven't found any relevant information other than what has been stated here.

The ones I circled are what you'll need to tighten, 14 mm I believe. Not sure if you can reach the bottom one or not with the PS pully on.

Attachments

• IMG_20150907_150800.jpg
    IMG_20150907_150800.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 23

Devil_Z

Aug 3, 2015
How many bolts are in that accessory bracket? One for sure is completely gone it's about the 7 o clock position of power steering pump. One is loose to 9 o clock of power steering and about 12 o clock of water pump

Devil_Z

Aug 3, 2015
I just need to know info on missing bolt to go get another

Thanks a ton for all your help guys. Already replaced hose and belt will be here tomorrow. I pulled the bolt I can get to and am going to a hardware store to see if I can find one

Last edited:

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I just need to know info on missing bolt to go get another

Thanks a ton for all your help guys. Already replaced hose and belt will be here tomorrow. I pulled the bolt I can get to and am going to a hardware store to see if I can find one

Good deal, FYI the two in the middle that are side by side are studs. Not sure if you checked but they need nuts. Also the PS pump bracket are 3-15mm bolts.

Devil_Z

Aug 3, 2015
Tried two places and haven't found a correct thread pattern yet. Calling it a night. I'm going to pick one up from a dealership tomorrow and should be good to go after that.

Last edited: