LLY: Hello i I'm new to the Duramax just bought a 2005 291000 miles love the truck have a

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
Do you have any sort of gauges or anything like that?
Might be time to invest in some. Gauges and testing tools will save you cash in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need to. The rail pressure is jumpy at idle is that normal, the first time it went into limp mode I was 250 miles from town and I just gotten fuel guess the wife didn't get the cap on right at least that's what I thought then and it happened five or six other times since in the last 3 weeks. I bought a new cap and replaced it with the Wix filter

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The easiest thing to start with is inspecting all the rubber fuel lines. They get weak with age and the cp3 will collapse them shut under heavy fuel demand. It could also be a simple as a weak fuel pressure relief valve.... the race plug from ppe is cheap....

Diagnosing the injectors and cp3 is a little more involved.

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
Do you have any sort of gauges or anything like that?
Might be time to invest in some. Gauges and testing tools will save you cash in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need to get some what do you recommend this started 200 miles from home after a fuel stop, replaced the fuel filter and fuel cap. No change I got a wix filter. The rail pressure is jumpy at idle is that normal?

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
The easiest thing to start with is inspecting all the rubber fuel lines. They get weak with age and the cp3 will collapse them shut under heavy fuel demand. It could also be a simple as a weak fuel pressure relief valve.... the race plug from ppe is cheap....

Diagnosing the injectors and cp3 is a little more involved.
Good idea I will look into it would a lift pump help have you installed a race plug in yours? I am going to run the truck up a 8% grade hill and check the rail pressure what should I look for. Truck is all stoke as far as I know.

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
Look at desired vs actual rail pressure.

Does it crank for extended period of time after sitting for a while?
Sometimes when restating after it's run all day I drive it for my business sometimes it can run 6 hrs or so before I shut it down. I know from gas fuel inaction that shutting down and restating is how you dirty up injectors

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
Sometimes when restating after it's run all day I drive it for my business sometimes it can run 6 hrs or so before I shut it down. I know from gas fuel inaction that shutting down and restating is how you dirty up injectors

My test equipment only has a live view

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
My test equipment only has a live view

Lol this time when the code comes on I will take a picture of the p1039 code. You guys are right having trouble finding it on the internet.

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
Have you had trouble with your fprv? Going to get a lift pump next week.

Didn't run it today we went out in the magnum will post a picture of the code any one else with info would like to have all opinions.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I would not mask the problem with a lift pump until he problem is resolved. You will be out $700 that very well could fix the issue at hand.

It's going to be hard to pinpoint the problem if you cannot view actual vs desired rail pressure when the problem occurs. I'd recommend finding a good scan tool. That would be better money spent than a lift pump, especially with almost 300k on the odo

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
I would not mask the problem with a lift pump until he problem is resolved. You will be out $700 that very well could fix the issue at hand.

It's going to be hard to pinpoint the problem if you cannot view actual vs desired rail pressure when the problem occurs. I'd recommend finding a good scan tool. That would be better money spent than a lift pump, especially with almost 300k on the odo

What's the difference between the two, my scanner gives live data read out.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
If you cannot see what the ecm is commanding for RP, you will not be able to see if/when it loses it, assuming its a 1093.

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
If you cannot see what the ecm is commanding for RP, you will not be able to see if/when it loses it, assuming its a 1093.

Yes I can watch the pressure rise with rpm

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
A 1093 indicates it's not making the commanded rail pressure. How will you know what it's commanding. You will only see what it's making without an indication that it's low aside from the dtc

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
A 1093 indicates it's not making the commanded rail pressure. How will you know what it's commanding. You will only see what it's making without an indication that it's low aside from the dtc

Will a better scanner do it

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017

If I'm under full load wouldn't the command be about the same as say your truck

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
Yes. Are you sure yours will not? What exactly are you using

A cheaper scanner off eBay would a cheaper Bosch scanner work. How long do you have to chat I could go to my shop in a few truck and scanner are there thanks for your time